Screenagers Registration Form
This film tackles the biggest parenting problem of our time.
Did you know . . . ?
- Kids spend an average of 6.5 hours per day on screen time (not including school time).
- Screen time for children ages 2-5 should be limited to 1 hour a day.
- Excessive screen time has been linked with low school performance.
- The more time students spend on screen time, the less likely the are to finish homework.
- For each hour of television per day, children consume an additional 167 calories per day.
- The dopamine from screen time is the same chemical released with drinking alcohol.
- 53% of kids feel addicted to their mobile devices.
- 23% of kids are cyberbullies.
Come view the film with us and help develop positive alternatives for our students.
WHO: Staunton City Schools Parents and Students (PK-12)
WHEN: Thursday, November 7, 2019 (5:00 - 7:45) @ McSwain Elementary School
1101 North Coalter Street, Staunton, VA
5:00 - 5:45 Families enjoy pizza dinner
5:45 - 7:15 View Screenagers movie (Young children enjoy fun activities)
7:15 - 7:45 Discussions about actions related to the film
WHY: We’re not alone in our observations about screen time! Come view the film together with fellow parents and educators and have an opportunity to discuss alternatives and options together. See you soon!
# of family members planning to attend on Thurs, November 7:
# of children needing childcare for the event, if any:
Any questions prior to the event?
Thank you so much for your registration! We look forward to seeing you at the event!
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Staunton City Schools.