Climate Action Facilitator Training Application Form
We are glad you are interested in helping us normalize climate action by supporting others in their personal climate action journey. Please complete this questionnaire to help us get to know you better and make sure the Climate Action Facilitator role is a good fit for you.
Applications are due by September 21. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible and space is limited.
Contact and Background Information
First and last name:
How did you hear about us?
Carbon Conversations Website
Cartbon Conversations Newsletter
Word of mouth
Climate or environmental group
1. We recommend you apply for this role with a co-facilitator in mind. If you are applying with someone please add their name in the "other" option below and ask them to apply separately.
no partner in mind at the moment
2. Have you been a part of our 6-week sessions? This is not a requirement but helps us understand your background.
3. The training will be taking place online on the following dates and times. Please carefully review each date and time, and select each one to confirm your availability. You must be able to attend all sessions.
Tuesday October 27 from 6 - 7:30 pm
Thursday October 29 from 6 - 8 pm
Saturday November 7 from 10 am - 2 pm
Sunday November 8 from 10 am - 3 pm
Saturday November 14 from 10 am - 4:00 pm
4. To host the session, you will need a co-facilitator, 6 to 8 participants, a place to gather, and although not necessary, snacks/food are always welcome. Are you currently part of a group (e.g. school, club, faith or neighbourhood group) or do you have a few friends who would be able to support you in getting the 6-week session started after the training? If so, please tell us more about that. If not, what support do you feel you would need to organize and host the 6-week session after the training?
5. Approximately how many hours (max) per month are you willing to dedicate to the Climate Action Facilitator Role after the training?
6. What feelings have you experienced regarding climate change? How have you processed or do you continue to process those emotions?
7. What do you hope to gain from becoming a Climate Action Facilitator?
8. What do you hope to contribute?
Your Experience and Approach
9. What is your experience facilitating group discussions? In what context and for what size of a group?
10. What skills and strengths do you bring to this role?
11. It is normal to find ourselves in situations where we know something is damaging to the environment but do that thing anyways, or know a climate-friendly option but have reasons to avoid it. How do you deal with that contradiction for yourself and when talking with others
12. How would you rate your climate change knowledge?
13. What is your current journey with climate action? Please select any that apply to you.
I have thought about climate change
I have read about climate change
I have measured my carbon footprint
I have considered changing my lifestyle to reduce my carbon emissions
I go to environmental events to learn what I can do
I have made small changes in my life to reduce my carbon emissions
I have made big lifestyle changes to reduce my carbon emissions
I advocate for carbon reduction beyond my personal carbon footprint
14. As a volunteer based organization we ask you to support this training by paying $250. That includes a $100 deposit which we will return to you after you host your 6-week session or you can choose to provide it as a gift to CCTO. We are committed to ensuring that cost is not a barrier to your attendance. If you are not able to pay the full cost let us know.
At this time, I am able to support by paying $250 for training
At this time, I am unable to support by paying $250 for training
15. Do you have any questions or comments? If so please leave them here.
Thank you for your interest and for caring for our earth and each other! We will get back to you with next steps.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Carbon Conversations TO.