Ways Students Can Help
This is written by Oregon Tech students for Oregon Tech students. It may be updated as circumstances change.
You've been linked this page because you wanted to know how you can help support our faculty. Thank you for wanting to join us! Below are some actions you can take, all of which fall within our rights as students within the student code of conduct:
*** Sign up to support the faculty picket:
- Read the press releases from OT-AAUP, the faculty union, to get the whole picture:
- Sign up for emails from OT-AAUP:
*** Email/contact Governor Kate Brown:
*** Email/contact news outlets to give them your perspective as a student:
------ KATU 2:
------ Herald and News: Rebecca Robbins at
------ AP news:
------ OPB: Meerah Powell at
*** Send the administration a pre-written letter using this form here:
*** Send the following senior administrators your own email, expressing your support for the faculty: President Nagi Naganathan, Provost Joanna Mott, Vice Provost Abdy Afjeh, Ken Fincher, Dan Peterson, Tom Keyser, assistant to the President Adria Paschal, and assistant to the Provost Paul Titus
- Send senior administrators an email expressing your dissatisfaction with the replacement teachers (email template here:
- Submit a request to comment at the Board of Trustees meeting on May 26-27 (under the heading Public Comment):
- Write a letter to the editor at the Herald and News about how you support the faculty:
- Change your profile picture on Zoom and Microsoft Outlook/Teams:
- Read the Statement of Support here (
) and sign your name here (
- Share the above Statement of Support with friends and classmates!
- Write to your campus ASOIT about how concerned you are for the faculty (if you're on KF, it's
| if you're on PM, it's
Thanks again for helping us help the faculty!
Feel free to contact us at
We will try our best to respond in a timely manner but please be patient and understanding.
Last updated: 5/2/21
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service