Computational Drug Discovery Scientist 2019
Acellera, is a leader in computational chemistry software and services in drug discovery. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our drug discovery collaborations.
Acellera’s mission is to accelerate the transition to computerized drug discovery. Our team is focused on delivering state-of-the art applications for computational drug discovery via the Playmolecule platform. Founded in 2006, we were one of the first companies worldwide to leverage the use of novel accelerator processor technology (GPU). We have had collaborations with Novartis, Pfizer, UCB, Janssen and Biogen and our software is used by hundreds of users both in academia and pharma companies. Our headquarters are in London (UK) and the R&D centre is located within the informatic and innovation hub in Barcelona (Spain). Our software includes PlayMolecule, ACEMD, HTMD, KDEEP, etc. In particular, PlayMolecule is the first platform to offer molecular dynamics and machine learning applications for drug discovery with a specific focus on drug design.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with experience in computational chemistry to join our team and apply cutting-edge computational approaches to the advancement of drug discovery projects.
Please be aware that you need to have a working permit that allows you to WORK IN SPAIN before applying to this position.
● Actively participate in collaborative drug discovery projects
● Provide computational chemistry/modeling support to active drug discovery projects
● Work closely with the internal software development teams to improve Acellera's drug discovery technologies
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
● PhD in computational chemistry, organic chemistry, or physical chemistry preferably with postdoctoral experience
● Experience in structure-based drug design
● Additional experience in at least two of the following molecular modeling areas: virtual ligand screening, computationally-driven lead optimization, ligand-based drug design, molecular dynamics, homology modeling, quantum mechanics, cheminformatics, or ADMET/QSPR
● Excellent English communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Exposure to one or more other disciplines of relevance to drug discovery, such as synthetic organic chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, formulation, biochemistry, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry
● Experience with programming and/or scripting languages and/or chemically aware databases
● Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
● Full time, permanent contract. Start date Q3-Q4 2019.
● A competitive salary, aligned to market practices and cost of living in Barcelona.
● Flexible environment with a good balance between professional and personal life.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Acellera Ltd.