Code of Conduct Committee Interest Form
Lakes of Fire formed the Code of Conduct Committee in 2019, consisting of the community at large, to accept and review reports regarding violations of the event's Code of Conduct (CoC).
We believe it is in our organization’s best interest to let our participants know we take CoC violations seriously, including having an accessible, safe, and publicly known process for reporting and handling issues.
The Conduct Committee is guided by Lakes of Fire's Code of Conduct (
), which was established by the GLEA board in 2016. The Conduct Committee’s role is to provide empathetic support, review conduct incidents, document reports, and make recommendations to the Board.
In order to create a safe and inclusive environment for Lakes of Fire attendees, it is important to create a transparent and accessible authority to impartially review any alleged Code of Conduction violations. We aim to ensure our participants are willing to report issues, without fear of retribution or bias and with confidentiality. Having a focused anonymous Committee to handle these reports creates community involvement, relieves any intimidation or embarrassment for reporters, and allows the organization to continue to provide a safe space for participants.
If you are interested in being a part of this anonymous 5-person panel, please answer the questions below and the Board will get back to you as soon as possible:
* Term: Conduct Committee members have staggered 1-3 year terms, with potentially some flexibility to ensure continuity.
* All Committee Members will be under a signed confidentiality agreement in order to ensure protections for any information and all persons involved
* Conduct Committee members are expected to recuse themselves from all incidents where there is a conflict of interest or significant relationship with anyone associated with a complaint, either with respect to the reporter or the reported against.
* This position accrues volunteer hours as event staff.
Primary duties and responsibilities of the Conduct Committee include:
* Respect for all parties involved
* Event and Participant Safety
* Communication and community outreach
* Document each incident report
* Perform investigations, including collecting statements from involved parties and witnesses
* Determine whether a report is actionable
* Provide report to the Board of factual investigation and conclusions, and dissents if applicable
* Recommend action(s) to the Board (with explanations), which may also include dissents
First and Last Name
Burner Name (if any)
What pronouns do you use?
Why are you interested in being a part of the Code of Conduct Committee for Lakes of Fire?
Do you have any related training or experience in conflict resolution?
Have you been a part of a conflict that had to be reported to an authority in the past?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service