Legal Research on Manupatra : Intermediate Level Test #1
Test to assess your proficiency in using Manupatra for legal research
Some questions will require access to Manupatra database
In case of any query write to us at
Email address :
College/Organization Name :
1. Manu Instant gives me access to following information in a Judgment (tick all which are applicable):
Most quoted paragraphs
2. In The RECYCLING OF SHIPS ACT, 2019 date of enforcement is yet to be notified:
3. In a Notification passed by MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE dated 16.03.2020, banning import of some important drugs, this was done under:
Section 17 of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
Section 10B of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
Section 10A of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
Section 6 of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
4. If I am reading a case and want to see the relevant paragraph in other cases where the current case has been cited: Which of the following option should I use :
Important Para [m- Para]
Cited in Para
5. Satvinder Singh and Ors . vs . The State of Bihar ( 01 . 07 . 2019 - SC ) has been cited in which of the following judgement and in which paragraph of that judgement :
Brijesh Kumar Rai and Ors. vs. The Union of India and Ors. (26.02.2020 - GUHC), Para 22
Brijesh Kumar Rai and Ors. vs. The Union of India and Ors. (26.02.2020 - GUHC, Para 8.
Ram Khelawan Verma vs . State of U . P . and Ors . ( 20 . 02 . 2020 - ALLHC ), Para 20.
Ram Khelawan Verma vs . State of U . P . and Ors . ( 20 . 02 . 2020 - ALLHC ), Para 16
6. The following icon in Manupatra denotes:
High Court Cases
Bills Pending in Parliament
Over Ruled Cases
Bare Act receives assent
7. Business & Legal Policy modules on Manupatra , gives you access to which of the following information :
Judgments on a subject
Only the central Acts and Notification
All the primary and secondary information on the subject
Reports and other secondary sources.
8. Can a user change the preference, of how they want to sort the results?
9. Case Map® provides a visual representation of ___ cases with respect to a subject case; 1) which have been mentioned in the subject case; 2) where the subject case been cited in, along with treatment given in respective case :
10. Which of the following should I use to COMPARE section of Consumer Protection Act 2019, with the repealed section of Consumer Protection Act,1986.
11. In the Supreme Court judgement ;Vishesh Malhotra vs . Alka Malhotra MANU/SC/1268/2017 dated 12.09.2017 ; in the Judis PRINT REPLICA how many pages are there
12. What does this icon denote on Manupatra?
Cited in Para.
13. Can you E-MAIL any document to your friends/team members/clients; who may or may not be subscribers of Manupatra?
14. The Central Bare Acts in Manupatra are arranged
Category wise & Subject wise
All of the above.
15. With the help of this feature, you can seamlessly jump from one referred document to another.
Case – Map
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service