The National Organization of Parents of Blind Children welcomes parents, relatives, educators, blind adults, and others interested in promoting opportunities for blind children. Individual members of local parent support groups are also invited to affiliate with the NOPBC. Although membership is open to non-parents, parents of blind children manage the priorities of the NOPBC. We welcome your participation and look forward to meeting you if we haven’t already.
We firmly believe that independence skills, literacy, and high expectations for our children are best achieved when supported via the triad of home, community, and educator.
We use the terminology of “blind” to include partially sighted individuals as well, as we know that any degree of blindness qualifies our children to the resources and supports they need to succeed.
NOPBC membership fee is $15.
Our membership year runs from January 1 through December 31.
* Free Freedom Scientific Software – Freedom Scientific will provide each NOPBC member with a free annual home license for JAWS, Fusion, or ZoomText. This free license (worth $85-170, depending on the software chosen) is available to paid NOPBC members. You will receive a link for access to the software shortly after your membership is verified. Please note: Freedom Scientific software licenses are currently available to individuals living in the United States and Canada.
* Membership in our Parent’s Division of the National Federation of the Blind, 2 life enriching resources
* Empowerment to increase and hone your skills as your child or student’s advocate
* Email list for National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
* Opportunity to connect with the parent contact for your state (if in the United States)
* Early Access to NOPBC Resources – NOPBC members will receive announcements and new resources before they are released to the general public
* More opportunities to connect with other families who have blind children
* A guarantee that your information will be kept private within the NFB, and not shared outside our organization
1. Go to NOPBC membership form
and complete the information there.
2. Complete your $15 payment via PayPal
Board of Directors
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children