Questions concerning the East Ohio Merit Scholarship or other United Methodist scholarships and loans should be directed to Kaye Wolfinger at 800-831-3972 Ext. 116 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
3. The student must be an active member of a United Methodist Church in East Ohio, and accepted to or attending a United Methodist college or university for the 2018-2019 college year
4. Each student applicant must be recommended by a local United Methodist Church. A form is attached for the student to give to their local church Administrative Board/Council. Form is to be filled out by church officers and returned to student.
5. The Student Application form MUST be completed by the student and not by a third party (such as parent). Attention and care should be given to spelling, punctuation, correct grammar and coherent content. It is recommended that the applicant request conversation and mentoring with their pastor or church lay leader as they create their essay.
6. All materials should be sent to East Ohio Merit Scholarship, 8800 Cleveland Avenue N.W., P.O. Box 2800, North Canton, Ohio 44720, postmarked no later than March 17, 2018. (There are NO exceptions to this deadline, please do not ask).
7. The student MUST submit ALL material for the application to be considered. A complete application will include:
• Student Application Form – with all sections completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Attach current Transcript.
• Administrative Board Recommendation Form
• A personal letter of recommendation from a pastor or lay person (who is not a relative) who knows you well which states:
a) The length of time you’ve known the applicant b) How you have worked/related with the applicant c) Why you feel the applicant is deserving of a scholarship.
• Completed essay emailed to email@example.com
When writing your essay use the suggestions above to tell us how and where you see God in your life and what God's presence means to you. Attention and care should be given to spelling, punctuation, correct grammar and coherent content. It is recommended that the applicant request conversation and mentoring with their pastor or church lay leader as they create their essay.
All scholarship application material should be postmarked by March 17, 2018 and mailed to:
East Ohio Merit ScholarshipAttn: Kaye Wolfinger8800 Cleveland Avenue N.W.P.O. Box 2800North Canton, OH 44720