Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition (BHRC) Advisory Board Member Application
Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition (BHRC) is recruiting new Advisory Board members (soon to be board of directors)!
Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition mobilizes community members for the health, dignity, and safety of people targeted by the war on drugs and anti sex-worker policies. We advocate for harm reduction as a part of a broader movement for social justice.
BHRC is currently recruiting individuals who are eager to share their experience to inform our growing organization's future!
We expect that members of the BHRC Advisory Board have a commitment to a justice analysis (racial equity, in particular) as well as a commitment to harm reduction. And we value the expertise of people from historically marginalized communities, and encourage people of color, women, trans and non-binary people, and/or SGL, queer, lesbian, gay, bisexual people to apply.
This application is available to be filled out:
(1) in writing via this google form, or
(2) verbally with a BHRC staff member over the phone or in an in-person meeting (contact
or text/call 410-205-5143 to set up)
About the BHRC Advisory Board:
The BHRC Advisory Board gathers quarterly to advise on the current effectiveness of BHRC’s work, set priorities for upcoming opportunities, and advise on the expansion of harm reduction community mobilization in Baltimore and around the state.
- The Board will be adding new members to increase the size of the board to 8-12 individuals.
- The Board meets 4 times a year. Meetings are no more than 2 hours long.
- Members will have the opportunity to state whether they want to serve for a 1 or 2 year term. Once a term is completed, members can apply to serve for another term.
- Board members will be eligible for reimbursement for costs associated with participation.
- The racial makeup of the Board is intentional and aims to reflect the racial makeup of Baltimore City.
We are seeking new members who have experience in at least one of the following areas (with preference given to people with direct experience being targeted by the war on drugs and/or anti-sex worker policies):
- direct experience being targeted by the war on drugs
- direct experience being targeted by anti-sex worker policies
- legal professional experience
- statewide social-political landscape experience
- policy advocacy and/or community organizing experience
- workplace democracy and/or consensus decision-making experience
Please feel free to reach out with any questions to Lukah --
Pronouns you go by:
She, her, hers
He, him, his
They, them, theirs
Prefer not to answer
Contact phone number:
Contact email address:
Prefered method of being contacted by BHRC:
email address (using the address given above)
phone call (using the phone number given above)
text message (using the phone number given above)
Neighborhood or county of residence in Maryland:
What expertise do you want to bring to your potential role on the BHRC Advisory Board? Please select all that apply.
direct experience being targeted by the war on drugs
direct experience being targeted by anti-sex worker policies
legal professional experience
statewide social-political landscape experience
advocacy and/or community organizing experience
workplace democracy and/or consensus decision-making experience
How will the above experiences and areas of expertise inform your role on the BHRC Advisory Board?
Briefly describe, what harm reduction means to you?
Briefly describe, what racial justice means to you?
What is your vision for harm reduction in Baltimore City and/or Maryland?
Why are you interested in joining BHRC’s Advisory Board?
How long of a term would you like to apply to serve on the BHRC Advisory Board for?
1 year (4 meetings, and other activities as able)
2 years (8 meetings, and other activies as able)
unsure at this time
Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Thank you for your interest and time!
Someone will be following up with you in the next few weeks about next steps.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service