We are very excited to announce our 3rd annual "Mentor Text Monday" sessions beginning this fall. This event will be a series of Zoom webinars with Director, Sarah Cordova, where she will be sharing her new favorite mentor texts each month. Each evening will begin with authors, illustrators, and poets sharing their wisdom, advice, and experience to help foster stronger and more excited student writers. Each months' selections will take into consideration the season, genres typically studied during each month, social justice, and social emotional learning.
All sessions will be geared towards Pre K-8 students. We invite administrators, classroom teachers, reading specialists, literacy coaches, and college students to join us. To get to know our presenters this school year, scan the QR code blow. It will share some of their award winning texts along with new releases.
The sessions will take place on the following Mondays:
- Monday, December 12, 2022- Nicola Davies
- Monday, January 9, 2023 (rescheduled from November)- Matt de la Peña and Corinna Luyken
- Monday, January 23, 2023- Loren Long
- Monday, February 13, 2023- Pat Zietlow Miller
- Monday, March 20, 2023- Stacy McAnulty
- Monday, April 17, 2023- Miranda and Baptiste Paul
- Monday, May 15, 2023- Mentor Text Round Table
All sessions will run from 8:00 PM- 9:30 PM each Monday, Eastern Standard Time.
The cost for all of the Monday sessions is $90. If you can only attend certain evenings, the cost of each session will be $20 per participant.
We hope you can join us for what is sure to be an exciting opportunity of learning, laughter, and engagement.
If you would like to attend, please complete the form below. We look forward to "seeing" you there!
**SPACE IS LIMITED TO 40 PARTICIPANTS***