Rise Up! CAGJ Summer School 2020
We are excited to launch our second iteration of Rise Up! Summer School, a 3-month political education and leadership development program to build anti-oppression analysis and learn about food sovereignty.
>>>Sign up to participate or join the organizing collective!<<<
Summer School will take place in June, July, and August, and meets twice a month: on the third Tuesday for a group discussion, and on a weekend date for a field trip.
*Discussion dates: Tuesdays 6:30-8:30pm June 16, July 21, and August 18.
*Weekend field trip dates: will be determined by the collective.
This year’s topics are to-be-determined by the organizing collective! This program is for folks 18 and older.
Join the Summer School 2020 Organizing Collective:
Summer School Organizing Collective meets 3rd Tues/month: From February to May, we will use the second half of our monthly FJP meetings to organize and plan Summer School. Join us on Feb 18 to develop the theme, and plug into roles!
READ MORE HERE:
Questions? Contact Simone (
First and Last Name
I want to attend/participate in Summer School!
Yes - count me in!
Maybe, I'm interested!
Yes, AND I want to join the Organizing Collective! (please fill out more below)
Join the Organizing Collective!
- Meet third Tuesdays of month, 6:30-8:30pm (regular monthly Food Justice Project meetings)
> Planning Feb – May (2/18, 3/17, 4/21, 5/19)
> Attend Summer School Jun – Aug (6/16, 7/21, 8/18)
> Debrief Sept (9/15)
- Show up for your role and communicate about the organizing tasks.
- We will use Slack (most likely) as a communication platform between meetings.
- Coordinate with sub-committees or partners between meetings.
- Time commitment: 2 hours at meetings on third Tuesdays plus 1-5 hours/month on other tasks, depending on the role.
- All organizing committee members will participate in visioning, mapping out the program, and planning the themes at the first meeting in Feb.
Yes! I want to be a part of the Summer School 2020 Organizing Collective! I'm interested in the following role(s):
Recruitment: Help recruit Summer School members through outreach to CAGJ members and community
Curriculum curation: find materials (readings, videos, etc.) and develop in line with themes
Logistics: food, meeting locations, carpooling, corresponding with partners
Facilitation of sessions: co-facilitate discussions and activities; plan agendas
Communications: Maintain communication with participants throughout Summer School – reminders for meeting dates and follow-up to confirm participants’ attendance
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service