WHO DO WE DEFINE AS YOUTH?
Ages: 13-35 Students, youth professionals, working youth, out of school youth, etc.
WHO CAN BE A MEMBER? WHAT IS THE CRITERIA?
It shall be composed of youth organizations, student clubs, youth-led institutions, youth programs, and individuals.
1. Criteria for grassroots youth organizations
Youth-led groups based in schools, communities, or workplaces
2. Criteria for youth programs affiliated with larger institutions
Non-profit youth programs, youth ministries of churches, service-based programs
(tutoring, outreach, retention, mentorship, college preparation, etc.)
3. Criteria for individuals
ADMISSION OF MEMBERS
Membership process is as follows:
1. It shall receive an orientation into the alliance which includes constitution and by-laws and 3 year plan
2. Potential member must complete the membership form and agree to abide to the organizational documents. 3. Membership form will be signed and filed by the Membership Director.
3. Potential member must pay a membership fee to the Finance Director.
4. The National Council shall discuss and decide on the membership application.
RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
1. All members are free to attend and participate in the meetings and activities of the alliance
2. All members are free to express opinions and present suggestions
3. All members are free to appeal any decision of the national council through the correct process
4. Grassroots youth organizations are able to vote whereas, youth programs affiliated with larger institutions & individuals cannot
5. Grassroots youth organizations and youth program representatives can be elected
DUTIES OF ALL MEMBERS
1. Promotion of the good name and goodwill of Kabataan Alliance
2. Notification of any changes in address and organizational representative to the Membership Director
3. Take up the causes, projects and campaigns of the alliance
4. Contribute to expanding the alliance by promoting the alliance and recruiting more organizations
5. Promptly pay membership dues of $50 annually
Only for grassroots youth organizations
1. Be an active participant in decision making for the alliance by ensuring organizational representation on monthly national calls
2. Member organizations shall appoint or elect a representative to the alliance
1. Submit a letter of resignation to the Executive Board stating reasons for resignation
2. Executive Board will notify the National Council of resignation