LeCount R. & Jewel W. Davis Scholarship Application
Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday, May 17, 2019
Complete Application • Two (2) letters of recommendation • College transcript(s)
The AAAA Foundation cultivates the next generation of African American financial planners and engages in research that shifts the understanding and advancement of financial planning in African American communities.
The LeCount R. & Jewel W. Davis Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that supports the
next generation of African American financial planners. Two scholarship recipients will receive
$2,500 to advance their financial planning academic achievement and professional
• Tuition and Fees: Payment of $1,000 toward tuition and fees will be made directly to the student's college or university.
• The Association of African American Financial Advisors (AAAA) Annual National Conference Attendance: A travel allowance of $1,500 will be granted to cover registration, lodging (two nights), and transportation. Scholarship recipients are required to attend the conference. The conference will be held Sunday, September 15, 2019, through Wednesday, September 18, 2019, in Detroit, MI.
Applicants who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply:
• Black/African American
• US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card
• Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program at a CFP Board-Registered Historically Black College and University (HBCU)
• Pursuing a career in financial planning
• A rising junior or senior
• Have a strong academic record with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Exhibit exceptional leadership potential
• Participate in community service activities
• Demonstrated leadership and active involvement at school and/or in the community
Scholarship submissions must be complete (application, letters of recommendation and
transcripts) and received at AAAA Foundation by the submission deadline, May 17, 2019.
Incomplete submissions or submissions received after the deadline (including items
postmarked on the submission deadline) WILL NOT be reviewed or considered. Required
documents can be submitted via email (
) or mail:
1001 Frederick Road #3253
Catonsville, MD 21228
• LeCount R. & Jewel W. Davis Scholarship Application
• Two letters of recommendation:
Faculty Member Recommendation: A faculty member from CFP Board Registered Program at a Historically Black College/University on official letterhead or email format clearly listing author’s name, position, college/university, and contact phone information.
Civic/community/professional leader: Professional who can attest to applicant’s commitment to the financial planning profession. This letter can come from a leader of a professional organization, volunteer supervisor or practitioner. The letter must be on official letterhead or email format clearly listing author’s name, position, company and contact phone information.
• Unofficial Transcript
For general questions and/or to request additional information, please email
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of AAAA Foundation.