Take the Pledge for safe disposal of solid waste and recycling!
This coming year, we want to tackle some of the challenges in the commingled recycling. Below are some of the things we need your help on to clean up the stream.
* We accept the listed materials, but the system cannot accept the following due to the recycling markets at this time or it is not accepted at our Recycling Center:
1) Styrofoam of any kind;
2) Shredded Paper (please compost, use for shipping or throw away);
3) Plastic bags or plastic film of any kind;
4) Bagged materials, just toss all of your recycling materials in the container (Plastic Bags go to the landfill);
5) Batteries of any kind (see local drop-off sites--list on website- www.ahswd.org
6) Scrap metal (please wait for collection days or take to local scrap yard);
7. Fabrics (many Thrift stores, schools and Passion Works take fabric for projects);
Good NEWS: Pizza boxes that are empty are acceptable!!!!