• Be punctual and conscientious. Arrive to the shelter at your designated time and be appropriatelydressed and ready to work. If you are not able to make your volunteer shift or if you will be late,please call ahead and let us know.
• Do not give your personal information, including your full name, telephone number, and address,to guests, and do not give out money.
• Practice the buddy system when entering and leaving the building. Feel free to ask staff toaccompany you!
• Immediately report inappropriate behavior or anything that makes you uncomfortable to staff.
• Do not get involved in guest disputes or clean up bodily fluids. Both cases should be referred to astaff member.
These guidelines are for your protection and are intended to help you make wise decisions about yourinvolvement with the people we serve. Failure to follow these guidelines or to conduct yourself in aprofessional manner may be reason to terminate your volunteer relationship with The Matthew 25:40 Ministry.