Autistic Input Session for BC Accessibility Legislation
British Columbia will be creating its first ever accessibility legislation. Have your say on the new law!
Autistics United Canada (Vancouver & Comox Valley chapters) and the Neurodiversity Listening Society are hosting an input session on November 23.
The input session is open to self-identified autistic people and otherwise neurodivergent people. Allies are welcome, but the session will prioritize autistic and neurodivergent voices.
We are seeking input on:
- What are the barriers that autistic and neurodivergent people face in B.C.
- What you would like the new accessibility legislation to achieve
- The approach, scope, definitions, purposes, and principles of the legislation
- The areas of life the legislation should address (e.g. employment, communication, etc.)
- How the legislation should be implemented and enforced
- Who will be in charge of implementing the legislation and what are their roles
- How can cultural change be made around accessibility and disability
Date: Saturday, November 23
Time: 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Location: 5024 Rumble Street, Burnaby, BC
OR live video conferencing (Zoom)
This event takes place on the traditional, unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Stó:lō, Qayqayt, Kwantlen and Stz'uminus Nations.
For event updates, please visit our Facebook (Facebook.com/VancouverAutistics) or Meetup (Meetup.com/au-van-cs/).
The Community Hall is 850 m from the Royal Oak Station, an average 10 minute walk with some level ground and some incline. The 147 and 148 community shuttle buses stop right in front of the Community Hall (bus stop #52639).
There are two parking lots with a total of around 8 parking spaces dedicated to the Community Hall and street parking spots nearby.
Need help getting to the event? We can help with travel costs. Let us know on this form or by emailing us. We can also provide rides to and from Royal Oak station.
Can’t make it in person? Join us online via Zoom video conferencing!
Not free on Saturday but still want to give feedback? We will have a survey up on our event pages so you can give feedback at your convenience!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service