In order to make each mission trip a positive learning and worship experience, the Elevation Mission Team asks that each participant agree to abide by the following guidelines:
• Complete all the pre-work/preparations required for the trip (i.e. trip application, medical release form, this release and authorization form, secure passport).
• Attend all team preparatory meetings. • Actively participate in all group worship services and times of devotion.
• Demonstrate support for group leader decisions. Pull leader off to side to communicate if you disagree with something.
• Respect local customs and culture. To avoid distraction from service and worship of God, we ask that one dresses modestly and appropriately. Please be conscious of length of shorts, sagging pants, low-cut tank tops, and revealing midriffs. If one’s definition of appropriate differs from that of Elevation or the organization we work with, he or she will be asked to change.
• Avoid using profane language (verbal and non-verbal).
• Each participant will remain in a minimum group of two, and must ask a staff person at the mission before leaving areas defined by the Mission leaders.
• All team leaders and team members must refrain from: the drinking of alcohol, the use of tobacco, and the use of illegal substances during the trip, as these activities may disrupt our witness and work in the field.
• Firearms, weapons, and fireworks are not permitted on trips.
• The focus of the trip is service and worship to God. Elevation encourages building relationships with brothers and sisters, however flirtation and improper relationships with other team members or local persons are inappropriate and detract from the focus and effectiveness of these trips.
• Have a Christ like attitude always!
I, the parent or guardian, understand the importance of my child's behavior and commitment on the mission trip with Elevation and I agree to pay any additional expense of having my child sent home on a commercial passenger carrier. I am also aware that I will be informed before any such action takes place.
I, the parent or guardian, hereby irrevocably consent to and authorize the use, publication, transmission, and reproduction of my child's name, likeness and image, in any and all media created or used by Elevation, or anyone authorized by or acting on behalf of Elevation, for promotional, fundraising, marketing, and/or public relations purposes.
During this mission trip, I could be working on a house building project or projects that may require me to be working at a temporary construction site with hand tools, select power tools, equipment, ladders, scaffolding, and building materials such as wood, sand, cement, wiring, foam, stucco, and paint. The quality of the tools, equipment, and materials, as well as the condition of the construction site, may not be to the same standard or level of quality as typically used for professional housing projects in the United States.
I acknowledge there are safety, security, and public health concerns when traveling on a mission trip. Such concerns include, but are not limited to, criminal activity (which may include violent crimes), unsafe driving conditions, natural disasters, or exposure to infectious diseases.
If I decide to drink any drinking water or eat any food made available by any of the missions that Elevation supports during this mission trip, I do so at my own risk. I understand that Elevation does not guarantee that any drinking water or food it may make available is without risk. Despite such inherent risks and dangers, I am participating in this mission trip at my own risk. I freely accept and fully assume any and all risks and dangers that may arise out of or in connection with this mission trip, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or conduct of Elevation, its subsidiaries or affiliates, or their respective officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or volunteers.
I am, for myself, my heirs, executors and/or administrators, fully releasing and forever discharging Elevation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, vendors, and volunteers, from any and all liabilities and claims for personal injury, illness, disease, serious bodily injury, death, property damage or loss which I may sustain arising out of or in connection with this mission trip.
This Release of Liability represents the entire agreement between Elevation and me with respect to the subject matter set forth above. It supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, communications, representations, or understandings between us. If any provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain valid and enforceable.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS PROVISIONS. I AM AWARE THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND I WILL BE PREVENTED FROM MAKING ANY CLAIM OR FILING ANY LAWSUIT AGAINST THE ELEVATION MOVEMENT, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, VENDORS, AND VOLUNTEERS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS MISSION TRIP.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS PROVISIONS. I AM AWARE THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I AND THE ABOVE PARTICIPANT WILL BE PREVENTED FROM MAKING ANY CLAIM OR FILING ANY LAWSUIT AGAINST THE ELEVATION MOVEMENT, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, VENDORS, OR VOLUNTEERS, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THIS MISSION TRIP.