Psi Beta Research Study (2019-20)
Focus on Workforce Skills
Overview and Consent to Participate
You are invited to participate in this study.
This study investigates two topics: 1) Engaging in face-to-face conversations, and 2) self-confidence in four job skill areas. The job skills being measured are Communication, Collaboration, Analytic Inquiry, and Self-Management. There are no right or wrong answers, so please be frank and help us better understand how college students rate their present level of conversational comfort and job skill preparation.
We are also examining the relationship between several different conversational scales, so at times it may seem as if you are being asked the same question, but it is important that you answer each question as accurately as possible.
Participants much be at least 18 years old. The research team conducting this study may present the findings at a professional conference or in a journal publication, but
• The identity of all participants will remain unknown. Your responses shall remain completely anonymous.
• This study involves very little risk. There is no harm or discomfort associated with this study beyond those
encountered in normal daily life.
• There are no guaranteed benefits for participating in the study. Your participation is voluntary.
• There is no cost to you for participating.
• You may refuse to be in the study or stop at any time without penalty.
• Any research data collected will be stored securely on password protected computers and secure servers for an indefinite period. The stored data will not include information that could identify you (like your name or student ID). Only members of the research team will have access to the data.
• If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this research, please contact the Co-Principal Investigators, Dr. Jerry Rudmann at Irvine Valley College, CA by email at
or Dr. Katherine Wickes at Blinn College, TX at
. Please contact Loris Fagioli, Director, Office of Research, Planning and Accreditation at Irvine Valley College, 949-451-5513, for answers to pertinent questions about the research and research participants’ rights, and in the event of a research-related injury to the subject.
• Indicating “yes” below indicates that you have read the above information in this consent form and agree to participate by answering the question on the questionnaire below. Choosing “yes” also confirms that you are at least 18 years of age.
Voluntary Consent Acknowledgment
Indicating “yes” below indicates that you have read the above information in this consent form and agree to participate by answering the question on the questionnaire below. Choosing “yes” also confirms that you are at least 18 years of age.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Psi Beta Inc..