General rules for entry
1. Films submitted should be in one of the following
(limited to genre and pop culture topics)
• Science Fiction/Fantasy
2. All films must be appropriate for an all-ages audience. No nudity, excessive violence or swearing.
3. All films must be no longer than 45 minutes in length.
4. One submission per filmmaker. Films submitted must have a completion date no earlier than 2013. The submission must be accompanied by the official entry form. Four (4) copies of the submitted film must be sent.
NOTE: ENTRY FEE IS 5 CANS OF FOOD (Collected At Registration Desk), TO BE DONATED TO HARVESTERS FOOD BANK AS PART OF TOPCON GIVES BACK.
5. To be accepted, submitted films must be completely edited and in their final completed form. Rough cuts or unfinished material will not be considered. Please do not submit trailers, test footage or scenes from upcoming films. We do not accept web series.
6. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to obtain, in writing, all necessary consents, licenses and clearances from any
trademark, copyright or other proprietary interest holder (such as, but not limited to brands, music, characters, etc.)
for content used in the submitted film. A copy of any such consents, licenses and clearances shall be included with the
submission of the film. By submitting a film, filmmaker licenses Tatman Productions to screen and otherwise use the film as part of the TopCon Film Festival and in conjunction with all TopCon Promotions.
7. Films submitted cannot have distribution deals or distribution deals pending.
What to send:
• FOUR (4) copies of your film must be sent. Films should be submitted via mail on DVD (NTSC ONLY, Region 1 compatible, NO PAL) to the address listed below. (Please note: We do not accept films on VHS.) Please make sure your disc plays on other computers or DVD players, not just your own. Films submitted on DVD that do not play on our computers and/or DVD players will be rejected.
• Please include a brief synopsis of your film on a separate sheet of paper not to exceed 100 words, along with a brief bio
sheet on filmmakers (director or writer) and one (1) production still for use in any potential publicity.
• All films must be postmarked by the deadline, MAY 1, 2015, and be accompanied by a signed submission form along with any paperwork as referred to in section 6. NO EXCEPTIONS. Films postmarked after the deadline will be rejected. Filmmakers with accepted entries will be notified in or around early July of selection. The complete schedule of films will appear on the TopCon website, www.TopCon.us, and in our onsite Events Guide.
Please note: FILMS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
Send your 4 DVDs and supporting paperwork/material to:
TopCon Film Festival
707 SE Quincy Street, Suite B
Topeka, Kansas 66605
All films will be shown via video projection in a Convention Center style meeting room, not in a theater. The room seats
approximately 400 people. Preferred format for screening is DVD, NTSC, Region 1. We cannot accept 35mm films. HD-DVD
screening capabilities are NOT available.
If your film is accepted, you will receive a 3 Day VIP Admission to TopCon to discuss the film plus one adult 3 Day Admission for each speaker (limit 3 people).
All scheduling of accepted films is at the discretion of the TopCon Film Festival Committee. Please do not specify days or time slots that you may prefer. Films will be shown Sunday September 20, 2015 between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
Submitted Films may not be returned unless accompanied by a paid self addressed envelope.
Please submit all questions to TopCon.Info@Gmail.Com