Please review these draft calendars for the 2022-23 school year and provide us your feedback by noon on Friday, March 18, 2022. District staff will use your responses to develop a school calendar recommendation for our Board of Education's approval.
Divided into four 9-week grading terms:
• 2022-23 District traditional school calendar, 9 week terms - DRAFT: https://bit.ly/3I8GzyX
• 2022-23 Warren Early College High School School calendar, 9 week terms - DRAFT: https://bit.ly/34WsqXe
Divided into six, 6-week grading terms:
• 2022-23 District traditional school calendar, 6 week terms - DRAFT: https://bit.ly/360EQxe
• 2022-23 Warren Early College High School calendar, 6 week terms - DRAFT: https://bit.ly/34lBftk
STATE AND/OR FEDERAL LAWS REQUIRE SCHOOL CALENDARS MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Start date no earlier than the Monday closest to August 26 and end date no later than the Friday closest to June 11 (unless a weather-related calendar waiver has been approved, year-round school, charter school or cooperative innovative high school.) If waiver is approved the start date can be no earlier than the Monday closest to August 19.
2. There are no educational purpose waivers for exemption of the opening and/or closing dates.
3. All schools within the district must be closed all day for purposes of determining eligibility for a weather-related waiver (delayed starts or early dismissals of two or more hours no longer apply).
4. Covers at least nine calendar months.
5. Must have a minimum of 185 days OR 1,025 hours of instruction.
6. Must have at least nine (9) teacher workdays.
7. Local Boards shall designate two (2) workdays on which teachers may take accumulated vacation leave.
Local Boards may designate the remaining workdays as days teachers may take accumulated vacation leave.
8. Have a minimum of ten (10) annual vacation leave days.
9. Have the same or an equivalent number of legal holidays occurring within the school calendar as those designated by the State Personnel Commission for State employees.
10. School shall not be held on Sunday.
11. Veterans Day shall be a holiday for all public-school personnel and for all students enrolled in the public schools.
Note: The calendar for Warren Early College High School must mirror the calendar for Vance-Granville Community College, since students are also enrolled in college courses.