● One (1) Page Résumé in PDF or DOCX Format (not Google Drive) – Demonstrate prior exposure to medicine, science, health, STEM, and the licensed professions as evidenced by previous or ongoing science fair projects, mathematics competitions, internships, work experience, volunteerism, extracurricular activities, and/or community engagement (1 page). No previous research or clinical experience is needed or expected.
● One (1) Page Personal Statement in PDF or DOCX Format (not Google Drive) – Prompt: Discuss your background, passions, and the diversity you will bring to STEP and how your interests and experiences inform your decision to pursue future study and/or a career in STEM and the licensed professions (1 page, double spaced, 12 size font, Times New Roman). This is the most important part of the application.
● Most Recent Transcript – All applicants must submit their most recent school transcript (not semester report card) that show your cumulative GPA in all years of school attended. Unofficial transcripts are accepted.
● One (1) Letter of Recommendation – Acquire a letter of recommendation from one science or math teacher, home room teacher, guidance counselor, principal, employer, adviser, or professional mentor. The letter of recommendation does not have to come from faculty or school administrators. As applicants are not asked to waive their right to see the letter of recommendation, applicants are permitted to read them.
● If qualifying under economic disadvantage eligibility, submit economic documentation.
● For successful review, applicants must send all documents in one (1) email (Titled in Email Subject Line: Student Name - STEP Application). Please send all pages as one whole PDF file.
Resources:● How to merge PDF files into one PDF: https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf ● How to convert Word documents to PDF file: https://smallpdf.com/word-to-pdf ● How to compress a PDF file into a smaller file: https://smallpdf.com/
For more on application materials, eligibility criteria, and STEP information, go to http://bit.ly/2bHia3I For inquiries, contact STEP@nyumc.org
For any inquiries, contact:
Justin Fernando, MADirectorScience & Technology Entry Program Office of Diversity Affairsstep@nyumc.org
Isis Rancier, MBA CandidateSTEP Program Coordinator and Diversity Affairs Departmental AssistantScience & Technology Entry Programstep@nyumc.org
Abidur RahmanSTEP Program AssociateScience & Technology Entry Programstep@nyumc.org | (646)-501-4272
Carlos Restrepo, MASTEP Program Evaluation AssistantScience & Technology Entry Programstep@nyumc.org