APPLICATION DEADLINE: Postmarked by February 1, 2015.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS/DESCRIPTION: This scholarship is for high school seniors in west suburban Cook County who are in pursuit of a higher education degree. Applicants should demonstrate a desire to continue their education for a chosen career path. Please fill out the following application as completely as possible. Also, enclose answers to listed essay questions on a separate sheet of paper.
● Must be a senior attending Proviso East High School
● Must plan to be enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program, 2-year undergraduate program or vocational/technical school for the upcoming fall semester
● GPA greater than or equal to a 2.7 (C+)
● One letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader.
CHECKLIST FOR REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
__Completed Application (signed and dated, if PDF format)
__Transcript from Proviso East High School
__One letter of recommendation
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Common Roots Initiative will select the scholarship recipient. Your academic achievements, financial need, and community involvement/extracurricular activities will be the key aspects considered. The scholarship recipient will be notified by March 15, 2015.
To apply for the CRI Student Scholarship, please complete the following application. Two options are available for complete submission of application materials, but the first option is the preferred method:
1) Complete and submit the online application below (URL -- http://goo.gl/PoJrZ3). Then, In one e-mail, please send digital copies or scans of your transcript and letter of recommendation to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Send all materials – completed application, essay question answers, transcript, and letter of recommendation – in one envelope via postal mail to Common Roots Initiative, c/o CRI Scholarship Committee, 161 W. Robinhood Way, Bolingbrook, IL 60440.
All applications (including required documents) must be postmarked or submitted by Saturday, February 1, 2015.