TeacherApp & TeacherWeb Exams.
1. The schwa is the most common sound in English.
2. A diphthong is a combination of...
two consonant sounds.
two vowel sounds.
a vowel and a consonant sound.
3. In which of these words, the final sound is a diphthong?
4. If there is a vowel between two consonants, the vowel sound...
5. What is the transcription of Station?
6. /uː / is a short vowel.
7. Which word is represented by /dʒʌdʒ/?
8. Falling Intonation indicates...
how the voice rises.
how the voice falls.
the stressed syllables.
9. Symbols are used to represent sounds.
10. Woman (w)
11. What does 'silent e' mean?
It´s not written.
It´s not pronounced.
It's next to a schwa.
12. If you are looking for a Yes/No answer, which tone would you use?
13. Trap (æ)
14. In words ending with -er, the final sound is...
15. We always use the same tone when speaking.
16. Which (I)
17. The Schwa appears in stressed syllables.
18. /k/ represents the sound of the Hard C.
19. Mother (ʌ)
20. When we speak, the voice falls and rises all the time.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service