Looking to check out the UC Santa Barbara campus? Let the UCSB sailing team be your personal tour guides!
Join current members of the UCSB Varsity Sailing Team as they lead walking tours around the ocean-front campus that we call home! Our one-hour tour will include an unofficial tour of campus and the opportunity to talk with our student athletes who will share their favorite college experiences, from both on and off the water.
Come meet actual students who are doing exactly what you might want to be doing in a few years!
At 3:45 pm, Coach Brad Schaupeter will be at the UCSB Sailing Facility (Santa Barbara Harbor) to talk to prospective sailors and families about our thriving program. Any questions about our team and practices will best be answered at this time.
Meeting Location: Courtyard of Student Affairs/Administration Building (same place as the Visitor's Center, but we will have team members greeting you outside so we do not mix with regular tours)
Parking: There are several parking structures on campus, but the one closest to the Student Affairs/Admin. Building is the Mesa Parking Structure 18. When parking, be sure to pay for a hourly-parking ticket that will be displayed on your dashboard. (Refer to map: http://www.aw.id.ucsb.edu/maps/
Schedule for Friday, March 6th:
3:45-4:15pm; Boating Facility Meet & Greet
5:00-6:00pm; UCSB Campus Tour
Things to remember:
- Wear comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking!
- Our campus is known for being sunny--so consider bringing sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses
- ...On the off chance that it's chilly, have a sweater ready
- Don't be afraid to ask questions! We may not be official tour guides, but we have a lot of knowledge to offer!
- Last thing, ALWAYS watch out for bikes when walking around the campus, they don't stop for pedestrians.
Our team is excited to meet any and all prospective students! Provide us with your contact information below and we look forward to seeing you Friday, March 6th! Go Gauchos!