DAILY INITIATIVE (MATHS TEST) 2
1. A dealer bought a horse at 10% discount on its original price. He sold it at 20% increase on the original price. What percentage profit did heget?
(d) 9 !%
2. A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B in the ratio 7:5. When 9 litres of mixture are drawn off and the canis filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7:9. How many litres of liquid A was contained in the can initially?
3. A container contained 80 litres of milk. From this container, 8 litres of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process was further repeated 2 times. How much milk is now contained in the container?
(b) 54.72 litres
4. A man buys tea for Rs.4600. He sells 2/5th of it at a profit of 15%. At what per cent loss should he sell remaining 3/5th so as to make no profit no loss on the whole transaction?
5. The marked price is 10% higher than cost price. A discount of 10% is given on marked price. In this kind of sale, the seller
(a) Bears no loss, no gain
6. A man sitting in the train which is travelling at the rate of 50km/hour observes that it takes 9 seconds for a goods train travelling in the opposite direction to pass him. If the goods train is 187.5 meters long, find its speed.
(a) 25 km/hour
(b) 40 km/hour
(c) 35 km/hour
(d) 36 km/hour
7. A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and speeds past a platform of 100 meters in 30 seconds. Its length is
(a) 200 m
(b) 100 m
(c) 50 m
(d) Data Inadequate
8. Two trains start at the same time from Patna and Gaya and proceed towards each other at the rate of 60 km and 40 km per hour respectively. When they meet, it is found that one train has travelled 20 km more than the other. Find the distance between Gaya and Patna.
(a) 100 km
(b) 80 km
(c) 120 km
(d) 90 km
9. 30 men, working 4 hours a days can do a piece of work in 10 days. Find the number of days in which 45 men working 8 hours a day can do twice the work. Assume that 2 men of the first group do as much work in 2 hours as 4 men of the second group do in 1 hour
(a) 6 1/3
(b) 6 2/3
(c) 5 1/2
(d) 3 1/6
10. A can do a work in 50 days and B in 40 days. They work together for 10 days and then A leaves B to finish the work alone. How long will B take to finish it?
(a) 11 days
(b) 18 days
(c) 22 days
(d) 26 days
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service