Craftsman Certification Application
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW:
Upon submission, a FirstBuild employee will evaluate your application. If your application is accepted, a FirstBuild employee will invite you in for further hands-on evaluation in our facility.
Only when you are approved to use a machine will you be able to purchase a craftsman badge for $15 at the front desk.
CRAFTSMAN ACCESS PROCEDURE DOCUMENT:
After completing this application, you will receive a copy of our Craftsman Access Procedure document.
THE CRAFTSMAN ACCESS PROCEDURE DOCUMENT MUST BE REVIEWED, INITIALED, AND SIGNED BEFORE YOUR HANDS-ON EVALUATION.
The completed document is to be given to the craftsman if you are invited in for a hands-on evaluation.
SHOP CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Shop certification grants 1B community members permission to use the machines in our craftsman area
- Community members must have a specific project to work on when in our craftsman area
- Certification takes place on equipment for that specific project
- Prior maker experience is required. 1B does NOT offer training classes
- Extensive safety review and demonstration of proper use of equipment is required
- Disqualifications will be issued for improper operation of machines and lack of cleanliness
- Our goal is always to ensure safe and proper operation
- FirstBuild does NOT offer training classes
- Community members are required to have experience prior to certification
- Opportunities to learn in our community:
1) Jefferson Community College (JCTC),
2) Lifelong Learning Education (JCPS),
3) Woodcraft Retail Store (woodworking classes),
4) Knight Brothers (Welding),
5) Level 1 - Shopbot
Please state your full name
Please select a machine category
Please describe your previous maker work experience.
Please describe the project you intend to work on while at FirstBuild.
If selected, please indicate your preferred available day/time.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of firstbuild.