Do you have a special knack for producing shows, creating detailed spreadsheets, organizing large groups of people and coming up with awesome names for mascots? Are you inspired by teamwork, unique perspectives and promoting youth leadership skills all in the name of fun and the love of improv? Apply now!!
ABOUT THE ROLE: The Canadian Improv Games (CIG) in a federally-incorporated charity organization based in Ottawa, ON. Each year CIG fulfills its charitable mandate to empower youth by leading education programs, improv training sessions and performances in cities across Canada. These initiatives are often coordinated by locally-based, experienced producers who, under the supervision of CIG’s General Manager and Board of Directors, carries out CIG’s youth education activities on behalf of the charity during the school year.
Overview of the Producer position:
• Executes the Canadian Improv Games outlined plan for the production of the regional tournament and other approved events (Coaches Coffee, All Teams, Ex Round, etc) in a specifically defined geographical area
• Reports directly to the charity’s national staff to help coordinate and produce improvisational programming with specific artistic goals set by the Artistic Advisory Committee
• Leads assigned training sessions and workshops in schools
• Operates under a defined event budget set by CIG, reporting monthly to GM
• Liaises with venue hosts (high school auditorium, community centre etc) as approved by CIG
• Helps with new school sign-ups (by attending free training workshops, sending out materials and inviting new teams to events)
• Assists in the communication of national fundraising goals in the region
• Must have a Vulnerable Sector Record Check and ensure that all production staff and CIG volunteers have a Vulnerable Sector Record Check (and that they are sent to the National Office before October 2018)
• Overseeing the recruitment, training and management of volunteers and ensure that the CIG rules, codes of conduct and artistic vision are followed at all times
• Contract runs from August 15, 2018 - April 2019, with events and projects taking place periodically within that time