Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Hi. We are ASOS!
ASOS is the UK’s number one fashion and beauty destination, expanding globally at a rapid pace and our award-winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovations and pioneer incredible solutions to keep our 20-something market engaged, the cloud based architecture to support our global reach and the agile engineering methods to deliver value fast. We’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees.
We are building ASOS's AI platform – a unique big data infrastructure that will ingest and serve massive amount of data to power our predictive data products, leveraging the latest in machine learning and AI technologies.
We are looking for outstanding cloud and big data folks to join us early on and help build the new platform and grow our team of polyglot engineers and data scientists. If you are passionate about technology and architecture, love hands-on development and want to build very scalable, highly available systems– you should work with us! You'll have the unique opportunity to work alongside data scientists to build innovative data products that will impact the business performance at all levels.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist to lead our Discovery Science team and play a key role in helping ASOS provide the best shopping experience to our millions of customers globally.
The role offers broad exposure to ASOS, requiring close collaboration with our Digital Commerce, Search, Web and Apps divisions. You will manage the science behind all our recommendation propositions including You Might Also Like. You will be part of a highly innovative AI platform working alongside engineers and fellow scientists to solve interesting and difficult problems and productionise ML systems at scale.
At ASOS, as an online only retailer, we have unique datasets – transactions and click streams for millions of customers and photos, videos, and text descriptions of hundreds of thousands of products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and strong commercial experience of recommender systems at scale. You will be a highly intelligent self-starter, able to work independently as well as leading and managing other scientists within team.
What you'll be doing
• Working in cross functional team, alongside engineers, product owners and non-technical stakeholders, creating new and improving existing recommendation systems.
• Provide thought leadership at ASOS and beyond, particularly in the field of Search and Recommendations.
• Mentor and line manage junior scientists, and lead recruitment when necessary.
• Driving the implementation and scale-up of algorithms for measurable impact across the business, solving the differing trading goals of the business.
• Continuously iterating and experimenting and designing online experiments to test hypotheses and drive product development.
• Keeping up with relevant state-of-the-art research, taking part in reading groups alongside other scientists, with the opportunity to publish novel prototypes for the business at top conferences
We'd love to meet someone with...
• An advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or a similar quantitative subject - a Ph.D. is a bonus.
• Significant commercial experience in using machine learning at scale to solve problems within the Recommendations domain.
• Experience of running online experiments, preferably in an ecommerce organisation.
Want to apply? Fill in the details below to apply through FATJ
Link to your CV / Linkedin Profile
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Find a Tech Job.