A trip to the seaside
Cross-ERASMUS-project is reaching the end! 45 students and 15 teachers spend together three summer days. We are all meeting to the harbor of Barcelona. On the first day we board two sailing ships, called HAPPINESS and DESTINY for a daily cruise. The first one is sailing to Mallorca and the second one to Corsica. Then we all come back to a beach at Barcelona for the rest of the days. Answer the questions and enjoy the CROSS – contest trip!
8. A. In which sea will you float better?
a) Mediterranean Sea (salinity 37 ppm)
b) Baltic Sea (salinity 6 ppm)
c) Death Sea (salinity 330 ppm)
d) Red Sea (salinity 40 ppm)
8. B. Marco and Luca decide to go fishing and, as they are getting their baits ready, they start debating on which factors make the sea richer in fish. They both identify light penetration and oxygen concentration as fundamental factors for a healthy sea life. On the basis of this consideration, they come to the conclusion that the seas which are richer in fish must be:
a) shallow and cold
b)shallow and warm
c) deep and warm
d) deep and cold
9. A. Summer tan skin caused by synthesis of dark pigment which skin contains is natural protection mechanism of UV radiation. What is the pigment name?
6. The weather has been hot and wet during the day. Such weather conditions are easier to bear:
immediately after sunset, when temperature slightly decreases
immediately after sunrise, when temperature rises
at no special time of the day
around noon when temperature is relatively constant
4. A.The sea water is salty because:
a) rivers carry salty water.
b) people use much salt in the kitchen.
c) it contains dissolved ions like chloride and sodium.
d) fish need salty water to survive.
2. Initially, all of the 45 students and 15 teachers were supposed to take part in the daily cruise, so the cost for the tickets was 20 Euros per person. At the last moment, 7 students and 3 teachers decided to stay in Barcelona to attend an educational program in the city aquarium. The travel agency required to be paid as originally agreed. How much will the ticket cost now per person?
a) 20 Euros
b) 24 Euros
c) 25 Euros
d) 28 Euros
e) 30 Euros
4.B. Water is a perfect solvent. What condition is required for a substance to be completely dissolved in water?
a) high enough temperature
b) resemblance of solute and solvent in terms of particle properties
c) mechanical activities such as mixing and grinding
d) a. and c. simultaneously.
3. A part of the route planned for the tour ran alongside the expressway. Coming from the bike route, tourists noticed the following road signs. Which of the signs presented has 4 axes of symmetry?
9.B. The algae can …
b) Do the photosynthesis
c) Breath and do the photosynthesis
d) None of the previous
5. During a walk on the beach, Andrea remembers that his Physics teacher told him about pressure p as the ratio of the intensity of the force pressing vertically on the surface to the area A of the surface itself. Andrea decides to try a little experiment: he stands on the sandy beach and checks his footprint; he then raises his foot, standing on one leg only. Which footprint goes deeper into the sand?
a) The first footprint because both feet press onto the sand.
b) There is no difference because Andrea’s weight is always the same.
c) The second footprint because only half of his weight is now pressing on the sand.
d) The second foot print because the same weight is now pressing on half the surface.
Your name and surname
10. The last night of the trip we play a Geography game. The winner is this player that can identify the two Mediterranean islands – countries of the European Union. (multiple answer). Answer right the final question and be the winner!
1. The two sailboats leave the port of Barcelona at the same time. HAPPINESS travels east at a speed 6 knots. DESTINY travels south at a speed 5 knots. How far apart (in nautical miles) are they after 2 hours? (1 knot = one nautical mile per hour)
a) 10.6 nautical miles
b) 12.6 nautical miles
c) 15.6 nautical miles
d) 17.6 nautical miles
e) 20.6 nautical miles
7. The students find an elastic baloon by the seaside. There are He and SO2 gases in the baloon. If the 40% of a 5 mol gas mixture belongs to He, how much mm-Hg is SO2 partial pressure?
a) 304 mm-Hg
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service