2019 JFF Regional Pre-Fest Volunteer Registration (Adelaide)
The Japanese Film Festival (JFF) comes to Adelaide this November and we're looking for volunteers!
Our program has undergone a dramatic change in Adelaide and is now a weekend of free film screenings celebrating Japanese cinema! Showing 7-10 November at GU Filmhouse Hindley Street (Adelaide CBD).
If you're passionate about Japanese culture, want to meet like-minded people, and want to work behind-the-scenes of a major event, then why not sign up as a volunteer?
Dates: 13 October - 6 November 2018
Our pre-festival volunteering aims are to promote the Japanese Film Festival's main and classics program among local communities by distributing program booklets at local businesses and organisations, and introducing the program to GU cinema patrons.
During this period, we require the help of volunteers to welcome audiences to the cinema, introduce our main program and distribute surveys.
This is a very important aspect of promoting the film festival.
Without volunteers actively speaking with members of the local community and raising festival awareness, many people will not hear about the festival until after the event.
During this shift you will:
- Travel to designated locations to represent JFF and introduce yourself to business owners and managers, university groups, local community organisations and groups
- Encourage decision-makers to support JFF by displaying program booklets and posters in their premises
- Answer general enquiries about the film program, ticketing and the festival
- Promote the JFF among your friends and family
- Keep a record of distribution duties
These shifts are conducted either during the day or afternoon.
We're also taking expressions of interest for volunteers during the Festival period.
Dates: 7-10 Nov
The big event finally happens during these 3 days, starting with an opening night reception.
Volunteers will be ramping up the excitement by talking about the festival and giving cinema patrons a wonderful time to remember the film festival by.
- Representing JFF and welcoming cinema patrons
- Front-of-house duties including ushering
- Distributing, collecting and tallying surveys
- Answering general enquiries
- Tending to the JFF Information Desk at cinema venues
- Promoting the JFF among your friends and family
Sun 13 October, Midnight
After submitting your application, please wait for confirmation from the JFF Coordinator regarding your allocated shifts. Once we have contacted you, you MUST reply again to lock in your shifts.
If you are unable to reply, your shift may be re-allocated to someone else.
Due to the limited number of positions, we may not be able to offer all applicants a shift but we will have more opportunities for similar volunteer positions in the near future.
Please note: you MUST be 18 or above to apply.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Japan Foundation, Sydney.
Terms of Service