"Sign Links" Deaf Adults as Role Models for the Hearing World: Links of the same chain
The aim of the present survey is to map the existing practices and the role of Deaf adults as Role Models for supporting families of deaf children and hearing practitioners within Europe.
This survey is about:
(1) the hearing parents and practitioners’ needs for being able to adjust to the socio-linguistic needs of deaf and hard of hearing children and to learn Sign Language,
(2) the hearing people’s attitude towards the Deaf Community and Sign Language,
(3) the practices used in any type of services offered on the private and/or public sector, schools, institutions etc. (for example the existing services to support families of deaf and hard of deaf children, services for developing communicative competence on Sign Language or the existing training programmes for learning Sign Language) in order to enhance adults’ capacities and communicational skills on Sign Language, and
(4) the Deaf adults needs to develop counseling and training skills as role models, mentors and Sign Language teachers.
For this survey we use the label deaf to include deaf and hard of hearing children with a wide range of hearing loss, using or not cochlear implants and/or hearing aids.
Deaf children are children that do not use any residual hearing and depend on a sign language to communicate
Hard of hearing children are children that partially use/depend both on their residual hearing and sign language.
The term "sign language" (SL) refers to the national Sign Language of the Deaf Community in your country, not a form of sign supported spoken language.
This survey will take about 15 to 20 minutes of your valuable time.
In order to have a holistic picture for the existing practices and the role of Deaf adults as Role Models in your country, please answer all the questions that you can.
In addition, if you would like to give us a short interview, please add your contact information, at the end of this form, so we can schedule one.
Thank you for your participation and support.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Marianna Hatzopoulou, Ph.D.
Head of the Local Assessment and Support Centre
2nd K.E.S.Y Β΄ Athens
Counsellor of the HFD
Τel.: (+30)210 6512513
Mobile: (+30) 6974946689
Partners in Sign Link
1. The Hellenic Federation of the Deaf (HFD) Leader, Greece.
2. The Deaf People Association (DPAM), Malta
3. The Union of the Deaf in Bulgaria (UDB), Bulgaria
4. The University of Western Macedonia (UWM), Greece.
5. Kindergarten for the Deaf and hard of hearing of Argyroupolis (KDA), Greece.
6. Open Pedia (OP), Greece.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service