CFOA-LA Unit 2019 Registration
Welcome to the 2019 football season! Thanks for becoming a member of the CFOA Los Angeles Unit. We are excited to have you as part of this organization, and to work with you to improve your skills and those around you. Last year was a solid year for us for both on-field work and growth. Working together we know that 2019 can be our best yet!
Some important notes for you as we enter the 2019 season:
1. Have fun.
2. Game fees will be $6 for members of the Los Angeles Unit. Non-Member game fees will be $8.
3. Assigning fees will be collected by the Chief Financial Officer, Don Childs. The fee due dates will be established by the Board. All members and non-members should promptly pay assigning fees to Unit CFO Don Childs only. He will be available at meetings to receive your payment by credit card, cash or check. You can also pay via PayPal or mail fees to: CFOA-LA Unit, PO Box 35284, Los Angeles, CA 90035.
4. All personal checks, money orders and certified checks should be made payable to CFOA-LA Unit. Returned personal checks are subject to a $24 returned-check charge, which must be paid with a money order or cash.
5. Full Members must take and pass a Classification Exam within the Unit. A score of 80% is passing.
6. Full Members must attend 2 mandatory pre-season high school scrimmages. Scrimmages will be assigned by the assignor and available at
7. Membership Dues for the 2019 football season are go up the closer we get to the season, so be sure to pay your dues as soon as possible. The schedule of fees is:
Returning/Transfer member Until June 21 $110
Returning/Transfer member after June 21 $150
Returning/Transfer member TBD $200
First-year official $ 55
8. If you attend a meeting at another unit, please see that unit’s secretary for an attendance note and email an image of that note to unit secretary Cyd Zeigler at
9. Make friends. And support your fellow officials as they seek to improve their officiating.
10. Have fun.
Here’s to a fantastic 2019 season together!
Board of Directors
Independent Contractor Waiver and Release of Liability
Please read this agreement carefully. By submitting this form, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth by the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit. All CFOA/Los Angeles Unit members must provide this form with their Registration and correct financial obligation, fines and fees every season. In consideration of my membership in the California Football Officials Association/Los Angeles Unit:
1) I agree, as an Independent Contractor, to the terms and conditions contained herein. I am in no way an employee, partner or agent of the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit.
2) I am aware that, as an Independent Contractor working football games associated with or assigned by the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit, certain risks exist in my capacity as a football official. Among these risks, but not limited to, is the risk of personal injury arising from personal and third party negligence, torts, or intentional conduct including but not limited to, slips, falls, tripping, hitting, etc. My participation as a football official for the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit is wholly voluntary, and I freely assume all risks, including unforeseen risks.
3) I understand that as an Independent Contractor I am required by the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit to have Personal Liability Insurance, which will be included within my membership dues and provided by the National Federation of State High School Associations.
4) I agree, as a full member or associate member of CFOA/Los Angeles Unit, I shall not talk to the media or press about any official or game assigned by the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit.
5) I acknowledge that I have thoroughly read and understand the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit's Constitution, Rules, Regulations and By-Laws and will abide by them and be subject to their provisions. These can be found at
6) I waive all claims and will not sue or otherwise make any claim including, but not limited to: Claims for negligence and attorney's fees against the CFOA, the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit, its Officers, Board of Directors and members for any injury, loss or damage, cost or expense howsoever arising from my participation in any football officiating activity or any activity assigned/sponsored by the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit.
7) I agree that this agreement shall be binding on: my family members, my heirs, personal representatives and myself. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit from any liability, damage, cost or expense, including attorney's fees, arising from my activities or any breech of this agreement.
8) I verify that I am at least 18 years of age and have read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability, and a contract between me and the CFOA/Los Angeles Unit, which I sign of my own free will and without prejudice
Declaration of Policy
Schools have entrusted us to assist them in the education development of their youth through athletics. The proper operation of such a process requires that officials be independent, impartial and responsible to people they serve. In recognition of these expectations there is hereby established Code of Ethics for all officials. The purpose of the code is to establish guidelines for ethical standards of conduct for all officials.
Officials Code of Ethics
• Officials at interscholastic athletic events are participants in the educational development of high school students. As such, they must exercise a high level of self-discipline, independence and responsibility. The purpose of this Code is to establish guidelines for ethical standards of conduct for all interscholastic officials.
• Officials shall master both the rules of the game and the mechanics necessary to enforce the rules, and shall exercise authority in an impartial, firm and controlled manner.
• Officials shall work with each other and their section/state associations in a constructive and cooperative manner.
• Officials shall uphold the honor and dignity of the profession in all interaction with student- athletes, coaches, athletic directors, school administrators, colleagues, and the public.
• Officials shall prepare themselves both physically and mentally, shall dress neatly and appropriately, and shall comport themselves in a manner consistent with the high standards of the profession.
• Officials shall be punctual and professional in the fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
• Officials shall, while enforcing the rules of play, remain aware of the inherent risk of injury that competition poses to student-athletes. Where appropriate, they shall inform event management of conditions or situations that appear unreasonably hazardous.
• Officials shall take reasonable steps to educate themselves in the recognition of emergency conditions that might arise during the course of competition.
By agreeing to the question below below, I agree to abide by the Declaration of Policy and Officials Code of Ethics which I sign of my own free will and without prejudice.
Do you agree to the above Waiver, Declaration of Policy and Officials Code of Ethics?
City and ZIP code
Cell Phone Number (Or primary number if no cell phone)
Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
If you answered yes above, please explain
Have you ever been registered as a sex offender for any offense whatsoever?
If you answered 'Yes' above, please explain
How many years have you been a high school football official in CFOA?
If you are a RETURNING member of CFOA-LA, how many years have you been a member?
If you are TRANSFERRING from another unit this year, from which unit are you transferring and how many years have you been a member of that unit?
Which positions would you most like to work? Please select up to 2.
Will you accept 8-player game assignments?
The fee to register for the 2019 season is currently $55 for a first-year official and $110 for all returning and transferring members (this fee will go up to $150 on June 22). There are various ways to pay this fee. Please select how you will be paying:
Cash - Please see Don Childs or contact him at
Check / Money Order - Send to: PO Box 35284, Los Angeles, CA 90035
PayPal Credit Card - Please send via
to the account at
(please choose "sending to a friend")
In-person Credit Card - Please see Don Childs or contact him at
I'm not sure
By typing my name below, I certify that all of the answers I have provided are correct, and I again affirm my commitment to the Waiver, Declaration of Policy and Officials Code of Ethics.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service