Vision Rehabilitation Services Questionnaire
Thank you for taking part in the questionnaire on rehabilitation services. The data you provide will be used to feed into a report on Vision Rehabilitation Services with the goal being to improve services provided to people living with sight loss.
Vision rehabilitation usually involves a worker from your local council or another organisation visiting you shortly after your diagnosis of sight loss to assess your needs and provide training and advice. The aim is to help people with sight loss to learn and develop the right skills to be able to get around safely and continue to do everyday activities, like preparing a hot drink or a meal and going to the shops.
This survey has been tested for accessibility, we recommend using Google Chrome to complete it if using the latest version of JAWS - or Internet Explorer if using an older version. If you would like any support with filling out the survey please contact Claire Bickley on 07814 767415 or email
if you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
1. Please select an age range from below.
2. What is your gender?
3. What is your postcode?
4. What is your eye condition?
5. Are you registered blind or partially sighted?
Registered Severely Sight Impaired (SSI/Blind)
Registered Sight Impaired (SI/Partially Sighted)
6. Did you see an Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) or similar sight loss advisor at the hospital, for information, advice and emotional support?
7. How helpful did you find this support?
8. How did the sensory team at your local council first make contact? (If contact has not been made please use 'Other' to provide further details)
9. How long did you have to wait before someone came out to see you?
Less than a week
Longer than 12 months
10. When did you receive support from a rehabilitation service provider? (An approximate date is fine)
11. What did the rehab worker discuss with you? Please select all that are relevant.
Getting out and about
Daily Living Skills (e.g. making a hot drink safely)
The registration process
Signposting to other services and service providers
Marking buttons or dials on appliances
Support available for your carer/carers needs assessment
12. What pieces of equipment were you provided with?
Liquid Level Indicator
Pen Friend Labeller
Speech or Magnification Software
13. Please give further details about your experience.
14. Have you had a follow up visit or phone call since you received support?
15. Do you feel more independent since you received support?
16. Do you feel an active part of your community?
17. Were you referred for other services?
18. If yes, please provide further details.
19. Any other comments?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service