Volunteer Application Form - Educators in VR International Summit Feb 17-22, 2020
We are seeking volunteers to assist with the free, open-to-the-public Educators in VR International Summit February 17-22, 2020. This application takes approximately 5 minutes to complete thoroughly.
We are seeking volunteers familiar with moderation, hosting, and filming/live streaming in AltspaceVR, ENGAGE, and other social and educational platforms. Your participation will help ensure this 6-day event will be a success.
Educators in VR is an open, global, cross-platform community of educators, learners, researchers, teachers, and trainers exploring and collaborating with and in virtual and augmented reality.
The Educators in VR International Summit is a free and open to the public virtual conference featuring tracks on basic VR training and experiences, virtual language arts, corporate use, computer science and math, computer programming, medicine and science, coaching and personal development, and research into spatial technologies in education.
>>> Things You Need to Know <<<
1. All workshops and educational events are free and open to the public. Audience ranges from 15 to 100 attendees.
2. Workshops typically range from 30-60 minutes. Please allow plenty of time for interactive Q&A.
3. You may request to volunteer with a specific track, but such a request may not work out, so we appreciate your flexibility.
5. Experience in event moderation, hosting, or filming and live streaming in VR is highly recommended. Presentation "hosts" may be asked to introduce the presenters, facilitate Q&A, and run slides. Educators in VR will offer training rehearsals for moderation and hosting in the month prior to the event, and you would be required to attend at least one of these events.
6. Events will be hosted in AltspaceVR, ENGAGE, and other social and educational virtual reality platforms. Access to these requires registration for each platform, sharing your username for presentation and moderation privileges, and installation of the software and apps if you are selected to volunteer.
7. All virtual platforms permit desktop/2D Windows access and most HMDs including Oculus Go, Quest, and Rift, Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, Value, and most devices with access to Steam or the Oculus Store. Volunteering maybe in 2D with quality headphone and microphone or 3D HMD. As a volunteer, you will be responsible for ensuring your device is fully charged, you have backup device access, and you will be able to stay for the full length of the assigned event, unless other arrangements are made.
8. An active Discord account will be required as all event coordination, discussion, and some event moderation will be managed in our Discord channels for text and voice communications.
9. Information collected in this form will be used by Educators in VR for logistics and not be used other than communication associated with Educators in VR educational events, workshops, and conferences.
Your help is so appreciated. It is only through the hard, altruistic work of our volunteers that this conference is possible.
If you have questions about the virtual conference or need help with the application, please contact us through our website,
, or Facebook
Educators in VR 2020 International Summit
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Educators in VR.