Objective of this course is to provide practical training for teachers , teaching assistants, or helping professions working in school settings in managing SEN (Special Education Needs) students.
This course provides theoretical knowledge and practical training about how to deal with behavioral and emotional problems of SEN students at school or other settings.
SEN Walker Limited ("SEN Walker", 星伴行有限公司)
The Parents Association of Autistic Children in Mainstream Education (
Dimensions Center (
Who Should Apply?
People who are interested in working with SEN students now or in the future.
1. Teachers or any professionals who need to deal with the emotional and behavioral problems of SEN students in school or other settings.
2. SEN parents who are interested to work in school or other settings to assist those SEN students with emotional and
NOTE: This is NOT a course for SEN parenting.
Format of teaching
Lecture, Group discussion, Case study, Role play, Practical training
Mainly conducted in Cantonese, with some terms and teaching materials in English.
Course Date & Time
Date: (Mondays) June 10, 17, 24, July 8, 15, 22, 29, Aug 5, 2019
Time: 7:00pm – 10:00pm
Venue: Committee Room IV (G/F), Queen Elizabeth Stadium, 18 Oi Kwan Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
1. Introduction to SEN diagnosis (0.5 unit)
2. Difficulties that SEN students might likely encounter in school (0.5 unit)
3. Behavioral principles and management especially in school setting (0.5 unit)
4. Systematic understanding of various factors affecting management (0.5 unit)
5. Practical training: Application of Behavioural Principles with case examples and discussion (1 unit)
6. Practical training: Case analysis of various scenario and discussions (2 units)
7. Practical training: Role plays in actual management (2 units)
8. Practical training: Working with parents with role play (1 unit)
*Each unit = 3 hours
*Total = 24 hours
Course fee = HKD 3,800 / HKD 3,400 / HKD 4,900
(Early bird on or before May 31/ PAACME member fee / original fee)
Min 25, Max 40
* If the number of applicants is less than 25 people, the course might be postponed or cancelled. All course fee would be refunded in this case.
* If the number of applicants is over 40, additional applications would be put on waiting list.
Dr. Poon Mak Sui Man, Rachel
Dr. Poon had worked in the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service of Kwai Chung Hospital for over 20 years. She has left the position of Senior Clinical Psychologist for a limited private practice since 2011. Her expertise lies mainly in children and adolescents and their families with special focus on autistic children. She also studied extensively in family therapy and has been a clinical member and approved supervisor of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy for a long time. She has solid clinical supervision and direct service experience on handling children and families suffering from childhood disorders. She is also a very experienced trainer, having conducted numerous training and workshops for professionals. She had taught on the Master program of Family Therapy for many years and is still the Adjunct Associate Professor on the Master program of Clinical Psychology of CUHK. She is also the chair of DCP, HKPS
MSocSc (Clin. Psych.), HKU
PsychD (Clin. Psych.) CUHK
Member of Australian Pychological Society,
Associate Fellow of British Psychological Society (BPS),
Fellow of Hong Kong Psychological Society (HKPS)
Registered Clinical Psychologist, HKPS
Chartered Psychologist (Clinical), BPS
Approved Supervisor, AAMFT
Member of PAACME?
University or above
Please let us know you
Others (Please specify in the next paragraph)
* No qualification requirements. But people in regular contact with SEN children and adolescents would be given priority to enroll in this course.
* The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of this course application only.
* SEN Walker reserves the right to accept or decline an application to this course.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of SEN Walker Limited.