LifeBridge Church CODE OF ETHICS
1. I desire to model Christ-likeness in all my behavior, especially as I serve in ministry to the children/students at LifeBridge Church. I aim to demonstrate my love for the Lord Jesus, my gratitude for His grace and forgiveness, and testify to the power of the Holy Spirit working in my life.
2. I desire to demonstrate respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy and maturity.
3. I will treat children/students of all races, religions, cultures and genders with respect and consideration.
4. I will not abuse children/students, in any way, including but not limited to:
a. Physical abuse (e.g. strike, shake, slap)
b. Verbal/mental abuse (e.g. humiliate, degrade, threaten)
c. Sexual abuse (e.g. inappropriate touch or exposure)
5. I will not possess or use illegal drugs. I will not possess or use alcohol or tobacco in the context of ministry.
6. I will not use or tolerate profanity in the presence of children/students.
7. I understand that any violation of this code may be grounds for dismissal, discipline, or other action by the Church.
8. I recognize that, as a condition to my service, any references may be contacted and I further authorize my references to give you any information they may have regarding my character and fitness for working with children/students. I release LifeBridge Church and all such references from any and all liability for any damage that may result from furnishing such evaluations to you, and I waive any right that I have to inspect references provided on my behalf.
9. I recognize, that, as a condition to my service, a background check and a criminal history check may be conducted. (For those 18 years of age and older)
10. I understand that if I have questions about this Code of Ethics, any church policies, or any aspect of my service with LifeBridge Church, I can contact a Pastor, Elder or Children's Ministry/Student Ministry Director for clarification and guidance.