Get Involved with the Broadmoor Improvement Association!
Thank you for your interest in supporting the work of the Broadmoor Improvement Association (BIA) to improve the overall quality of life for those who live, work, worship and play in the Broadmoor neighborhood. We are excited to work with you!
This form includes many different opportunities to get involved with the BIA — from one-time volunteer opportunities to serving on our Board of Commissioners. Whatever your ability to commit right now, we welcome your interest in helping to make Broadmoor a better place for everyone.
After you submit this form, a BIA board or staff member will follow up to connect you with the community engagement opportunities that interest you most. Please reach out to Natori Green at
with any questions.
Your first and last name:
Are you a Broadmoor resident?
I don't know
Would you like to receive periodic email updates regarding community engagement opportunities with the BIA?
Engage with Regular Volunteer Opportunities
This section includes opportunities to support the BIA's ongoing and regular programs to foster improved health and wellness for all Broadmoorians. Fill out this section if you're interested in one-time or regular volunteer opportunities with the BIA in any of the following areas:
- The Broadmoor Food Pantry provides emergency food assistance to an average of 500 families every month, in partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank and the Broadmoor Community Church. Pantry volunteer shifts are Mondays from 8 am–12 pm and Wednesdays from 12–3 pm.
- The Broadmoor Community Gardens mitigate food insecurity in the neighborhood by growing fresh produce with our neighbors. Learn how to grow your own food while also helping to cultivate a beautiful green space for all Broadmoorians to enjoy. Schedule varies.
- The Broadmoor Boutique offers gently-used clothing on a sliding scale basis to anyone in need of clothing. This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and bond over a love of good fashion. The Broadmoor Boutique will open in June 2021, and the schedule will be announced at that time.
- Broadmoor Cleanup Days are one-off opportunities to mitigate flooding by joining with your neighbors to clean catch basins and address litter throughout the neighborhood. Cleanup days are announced periodically throughout the year. Signup here to indicate your interest in joining the next cleanup day.
- Broadmoor social events are opportunities for neighborhood residents to come together to celebrate our strengths as a community. Regular social events include EATMoor, Movies in the Park, etc. Volunteers support these events with setup and cleanup, and welcoming neighbors.
Which of the following regular community engagement opportunities are you interested in (choose all that apply)?
Broadmoor Food Pantry
Broadmoor Community Gardens
Broadmoor Cleanup Days
Broadmoor social events
Join a Broadmoor Committee
Broadmoor committees offer an opportunity to engage more deeply with BIA staff, board, and other residents to build creative solutions to major issues and concerns facing our community. Committees will meet monthly starting in September 2021. Sign up here to indicate your interest in contributing to community-based initiatives in the following areas:
- The infrastructure and flood mitigation committee will increase residents' access to resources to mitigate flood damage in their homes, as well as pursue advocacy strategies at the City level to improve infrastructure across the neighborhood. This committee will also work with BIA staff to ensure the ongoing cultivation and activation of the Broadmoor Community Gardens.
- The quality of life committee will support the BIA's efforts to improve the quality of life for all Broadmoorians by reducing food insecurity and poverty in the neighborhood through the Broadmoor Food Pantry and other social services, and through multidisciplinary programs for youth and elders. As well, this committee will explore business development opportunities to increase access to fresh food across the neighborhood.
- The public safety committee will seek to build community-based approaches to public safety, increasing residents' awareness of multiple resources to address mental health crises, situations of domestic violence, and other public safety issues. This is not a neighborhood watch.
- The equitable development & blight remediation committee will create a set of standards for the BIA to evaluate prospective new development in Broadmoor based on the neighborhood's historic commitment to diversity and equity, affordability, and overall quality of life. Additionally, this committee will actively work with property owners in the neighborhood to address and remediate blighted properties.
Which of the following Broadmoor committees would you be interested in serving on (select all that apply)?
Infrastructure and flood mitigation
Quality of life
Equitable development and blight remediation
Serve on the Broadmoor Board of Commissioners
The BIA is managed by an Executive Director and a Board of Commissioners who are publicly elected. The Board of Commissioners consists of twelve members, nine of whom are elected from the three subgroups of Broadmoor, identified as A, B, and C. The other three board members are appointed based on the expertise they bring to the organization.
The BIA is currently seeking board commissioners from Subgroups A and B. To determine which subgroup of Broadmoor you live in, check out the map on this page of our website:
If you indicate your interest in serving on the BIA's board of commissioners below, one of our current board members will reach out to discuss the commitment further. We look forward to connecting with you!
Are you interested in learning more about board service with the Broadmoor Improvement Association?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Broadmoor Improvement Association.