TEST - 26 ( Classification of Elements- The Periodic Table )
EFFORTS NEVER FAIL
1. Carbon belongs to the second period and Group 14. Silicon belongs to the third period and Group 14. If atomic number of carbon is 6, the atomic number of silicon is
2. Pick out the chemically most reactive elements from the given triads.Li, Na, K F, Cl, Br
Li and F
Li and Br
K and F
K and Br
3. What is the atomic number of element of period 3 and group 17 of the Periodic Table?
4. Which one of the following statements is not correct about the trends in the properties of the elements of a period on going from left to right?
he oxides become more acidic
The elements become less metallic
There is an increase in the number of valence electrons
The atoms lose their electrons more easily
5. The elements A, B and C belong to groups 1, 14 and 17 respectively of the Periodic Table. Which two elements will form ionic compounds?
A and B
A and C
B and C
6. An element X from group 2 of the Periodic Table reacts with Y from group 17 to form a compound. Give the formula of the compound.
7. A metal ‘M’ is in the first group of the Periodic Table. What will be the formula of its oxide?
8. Name the neutral atom in the Periodic Table which has the same number of electrons as K+ and Cl-.
9. An element X combines with oxygen to form an oxide XO. This oxide is electrically con¬ducting. Write the formula of the compound formed when X reacts with chlorine.
10. An element X has mass number 40 and contains 21 neutrons in its atom. To which group of the Periodic Table does it belong?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service