The Gallery at Wren | 2019 Season
About the Gallery
The Gallery at WREN sets the standard for fine art galleries in the North Country. Established in 2001, the Gallery serves as a cultural outlet for the creative expression of a community, where the public can gather to enjoy, learn about, and appreciate art.

The Gallery is overseen by Gallery Manager Gillian Sewake and a volunteer committee, and presents juried shows each month in our professional, inviting, and well-lit exhibition space on Bethlehem’s Main Street.

Each show is launched at a First Friday opening reception, connecting the artist to buyers, other artists, and supporters of the arts. A typical show runs for 4 weeks, with an opening reception on the first Friday of the month, and the opportunity for extra “Artist Hours” in the form of a talk, demonstration, slideshow, etc. WREN provides a guest book, labels for the work, and handles all purchases through our Local Works Marketplace store in Bethlehem. The Gallery receives the industry-standard 45% commission on all work sold through the gallery, with the remaining 55% going to the artists. The Gallery assumes the costs for the opening reception.

The Gallery works with each artist to make sure that they are prepared leading up to the First Friday Opening Reception. The Gallery undertakes all logistics of event coordination and marketing/promotion, including design of print collateral, media coverage in all area newspapers, a feature in our email broadcast and triennial magazine, and social media promotion.

The 2019 Season
PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULLY.

2019 marks the 25th anniversary of WREN. To celebrate, the 2019 Season in The Gallery at WREN will feature exhibits that pair "legacy" artists (those who have featured prominently in WREN's history, and have built their careers alongside WREN over the last quarter century) with "emerging" artists (those up-and-coming members whose artistic vision represents the next generation of rural artists).

Selection Process & Timeline: Artists for the upcoming Season will be selected by Gallery Manager Gillian Sewake and a volunteer curatorial team made up of members of the Gallery Committee.

For consideration, all artists MUST submit their complete application and work sample images in the required format by the deadline: midnight on Monday, October 1st, 2018.

During October and November, the curatorial team will begin selections. Individual artists may be contacted for more information, including additional work samples, at the discretion of the team. All artists will be notified of the status of their application by late November.

Eligibility: Artists working in any medium are welcome to apply. All exhibiting artists must be WREN business members as of the date of the January 4th Season Gala opening reception. There are no geographic, gender, or other restrictions to membership - all are welcome! Artists who are not yet members may submit their membership application and $75 fee along with their Season application. (WREN has funding to provide a limited number of business memberships free to New Hampshire residents with low or moderate household incomes through our microenterprise scholarship program. To find out more, contact Katherine Ferrier at katherinef@wrenworks.org.)

Resources/Help with Application: The Gallery is a programmatic extension of WREN, and supports its mission to improve lives and livelihoods through economic, educational, personal, and community development. Information about business development classes specifically geared towards artists, and one-on-one coaching opportunities, can be found on our website at www.wrenworks.org or by emailing artist technical assistance provider Katherine Ferrier at katherinef@wrenworks.org.

Next
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Women's Rural Entrepreneurial Network. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms