writing with ancestors: an online poetry class w mai c. doan
HELLO! THIS CLASS IS CURRENTLY FULL. PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITLIST.
- - -
Through this online 3-part poetry class, you will:
- Delve into the concepts of ancestors, memory, imagination, and (re)telling
- Explore the practice and process of writing poetry at the intersection of ancestor work
- Learn from poets of color who work with the ancestral realm in their creative practice and process
- Optional: get 1on1 feedback on a specific poem or piece of your choice
- Note: this class focuses on writing practice and process and is not a class on spiritual development.
Dates: Fridays 9/20, 9/27, 10/4* @ 6-8pm CST
*Participants need to be able to attend all 3 class dates
Exchange: $180 - $75 sliding scale
- $25 due at registration to secure your spot. The rest of payment is due before the 1st class start date.
- There are 2 spots available for folks at a reduced rate of $45. QTPOC with financial need will be prioritized. Please email me after registering if you would like this spot.
- Venmo or Paypal: @maicdoan
While this class is open to all, it will center and prioritize the voices and experiences of queer, trans, gender non conforming, and femme Black and Indigenous people and people of color.
Questions? Email me at
what do you hope to get out of this class? what do you hope to learn or take away?
tell me about your current writing practice.
who are some of your favorite poets and authors?
what is your relationship to the idea or concept of ancestors?
participants should be able to attend all 3 class dates. are you able to attend all dates?
this class will take place online via zoom. please share any access needs that will support you to participate.
anything else you'd like to share?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of mai c. doan.