SOFSA Advisory Board Application
Thank you for your interest in joining SOFSA's Advisory Board. Please complete the following application for consideration. If you are interested in committee engagement as opposed to the Advisory Board, please instead complete the form at:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Maura at
SOFSA Membership Structure (view larger image here
Advisory Board Expectations
Having completed our year-long visioning process, SOFSA is preparing to move into the next phase of establishing the Alliance and planning for its future. Advisory Board Members must be active participants in supporting SOFSA during the 18-month period, beginning July 1, 2020 and continuing through December 31, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. A full summary of the Advisory Board role can be viewed here:
Advisory Board Members are expected to commit approximately 4 hours per month to the following:
- Attend monthly Advisory Board meetings; contribute to decision-making to guide Alliance activities, planning, etc.*
- Participate actively in at least one committee, serving as a communication link between the Board and the committee
- Provide timely responses to group emails and other communications
- Offer guidance to and maintain accountability of SOFSA staff member(s)
- Bring ideas, expertise, and/or network connections to the table; provide feedback and constructive criticism where needed
* A delegate may be sent in place of the official Advisory Board member occasionally as circumstances require. The delegate must be empowered to make real-time decisions (i.e. vote) on behalf of the member.
Failure to fulfill these responsibilities may result in the automatic resignation of Advisory Board member.
I understand and agree to the above Advisory Board expectations. Please affirm before completing the remainder of the application.
Affiliation (Example: If you are a community member, your job title and employer name, etc.)
Best contact (please provide your email address or phone number)
Candidacy Process Questions
Advisory Board candidates are asked to attend at least on SOFSA General Membership Meeting (held on the 3rd Thursday in the months of October, January, March, and May) and to be in conversation with one or more SOFSA members regarding the Advisory Board role. The questions below will help us to understand where you are in the process and how best to support you in fulfilling these prerequisites.
Have you previously attended a SOFSA General Membership Meeting? If no, please enter the date of the upcoming meeting you plan to attend. A calendar of events can be found at
Have you been in touch with a SOFSA member, staff person, or current Advisory Board member about your interest in joining the Advisory Board? If so, please share the name of the individual.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service