Unit 09 Practice Quiz
Your LAST Name:
1. Prostaglandins are:
amino acid-based hormones
lipid hormones manufactured in cell plasma membranes
2. Rising blood levels of aldosterone cause the kidney tubules to:
3. The enzyme produced by the kidneys when blood pressure drops, stimulating a release of aldosterone, is called:
4. Steroid hormones
are structurally similar to cholesterol.
bind to cell surface receptors.
have characteristics of both A and B.
have characteristics of all of the above.
5. Alcohol inhibits the secretion of:
antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
parathyroid hormone (PTH)
6. Tropic hormones:
stimulate other endocrine glands to secrete hormones
stimulate nervous tissue
stimulate the thymus gland to secrete hormones
stimulate the pineal gland to secrete hormones
7. Which one of the following is NOT produced by the adrenal cortex:
8. The hormone responsible for the maturation of white blood cells known as T lymphocytes is:
9. Insulin causes:
a decrease in the concentration of blood glucose
an increase in blood pressure
a decrease in blood pressure
an increase in the concentration of blood glucose
an increase in the production of glucagon
10. Growth hormone:
promotes growth in long bones and skeletal muscles
is secreted by the thymus gland
prevents urine production
results in Cushing's disease if produced in excess
is produced by the thyroid gland
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service