1) A completed online 2018 SWE NY Scholarship Application form, found below
2) A PDF of your unofficial transcript sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) An online letter of recommendation, which can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/Sjarmhm8Mv0FGk2K3
Please submit the above items by midnight on April 22, 2018. You will receive a confirmation email when your application is complete.
SWE-NY, in partnership with ASHRAE, will offer multiple scholarships. Recipients will be selected on a point system based on their academic excellence, involvement in activities outside of the classroom, and their dedication to STEM fields. Applicants will only be eligible to receive a SWE-NY scholarship once in their academic career. Scholarship recipients will also be featured in the SWE-NY Newsletter. The Scholarship Recipient will receive their award at the Annual SWE-NY & ASHRAE Golf Outing held on June 8, 2018.
Extracurricular Involvement & Work Experience: 20 points
Short Answers: 25 points
Essay: 35 points
TOTAL: 100 points
1) Be a female enrolled in an ABET accredited engineering school in New York City, Long Island, or the Greater New York Area. A list of ABET accredited schools is available on the SWE-NY website: http://newyork.swe.org/scholarships.html
2) Be entering your 2nd year, 3rd year or 4th year of collegiate studies or in a Graduate Program in the Fall Semester of 2018. Students entering their 5th year of collegiate studies in the Fall Semester of 2018 enrolled in a co-op program are eligible. Students transferring into an ABET accredited engineering school are eligible upon proof of transfer enrollment and submission of an official transcript from the prior school
3) Be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Resident
4) Be a SWE Student Member or ASHRAE member
Contact email@example.com with any questions.