For more information on the ELLA Program - http://latinacoalition.org/ella-program/
2) In addition to attending every session, you will also be required to meet with your assigned group on multiple occasions (dates are at the discretion of you and your group) throughout the six months, and more so toward the end of the program when working on the final video project.
3) Throughout the program you will be given individual homework assignments designed to foster your personal knowledge and growth. Additionally, as a group, your final project will include a PSA (Public Service Announcement) Video and a presentation related to your assigned topic and video. Video training will be provided.
4) A $25 discounted LCSV membership fee. As a member of LCSV you will have access to the LCSV network, opportunities to attend exclusive LCSV events and discounted rates when applicable.
5) If you are accepted into the ELLA program, you will be responsible for a $100 deposit. You will be reimbursed your $100 deposit at the completion of the program under the condition that you attend every session and turn in every homework assignment on time. No exceptions will be made. If you miss a session or do not turn in a homework assignment on time, your $100 deposit will be automatically donated to LCSV, otherwise it will be refunded to you at the end of the program.
Deposits will be due on January 25, 2018 during the Orientation. * Please note that if you miss two sessions you will be automatically dropped from the ELLA Program.
6) Lastly, we expect every ELLA to participate 100 percent in the program. This means, attending all sessions, communicating with the ELLA Coordinator as needed/ required, communicating with your teammates, making the effort to meet with your assigned group as needed and taking this leadership opportunity seriously.
If you are ready for the challenge and ready to take your professional development to the next level, then we look forward to receiving your ELLA Program application.
ELLA Orientation: Thursday, January 25, 6:30pm to 8pm
Encuentro (Retreat): Friday, February 2 at 2pm through Sunday, February 4 at 4pm
Session 1: Saturday, February 24, 9am to 3pm
Session 2: Saturday, March 10 , 9am to 3pm
LCSV Networking Mixer: Thursday, March 22, 6pm
Session 3: Saturday, April 14, 9am to 3pm
Session 4: Saturday, May 5, 9am to 3pm
Latina Action Day in Sacramento: Wednesday, May 23 - All day
Session 5: Saturday, June 9, 9am to 3pm
Session 6: Saturday, June 30, 9am to 3pm - Presentation and video dress rehearsal * final video due
Community Presentations & Graduation: Saturday, July 21, 9am to 3pm