Video Art Festival Turku (VAFT) is an international video art festival that will be held for the fourth time in May 2019. The festival is looking for video art works to be shown in different locations around Turku. The juror for VAFT 2019 is visual artist Hertta Kiiski. A pre-selection of the works will be made by the board of Ääriö ry, the association behind the festival.
VAFT 2019 will be accepting submissions for entry during 1–31 October 2018.
GUIDELINES FOR ARTISTS:
- You may only submit one (1) work.
- The artwork can be single- or multi-channelled. There is no limit for form, genre or duration. Alternatively, you may submit a proposal for other content, for example an artist talk, workshop or live performance.
- If your artwork is in a language other than Finnish or English, it needs to be subtitled in Finnish or English.
- For marketing purposes 1–2 still images of the art work are required. Share the images (.jpg or .png) for example via Dropbox or Google Drive by adding the download link in the form.
- The artist must hold full copyright to the work or have an agreement with all copyright holders to present the work at the festival. The artists retain all rights to their work. Ääriö ry only has the right to present the work at the Video Art Festival Turku on the 22nd to 26th of May 2019, unless agreed otherwise.
- No entry fee is required. VAFT does not commit to covering travel costs for artists.
Suomenkieliset hakuohjeet löydät täältä: http://videoartfestivalturku.com/fi/hakuLomakkeen voi täyttää halutessaan myös suomeksi.