Please note, the submission of an application is not a guarantee of Program participation. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Program Administrator at 718-488-8840. We strongly encourage you to call and set-up an appointment if application assistance is needed. If any supplemental information requested by program staff is requested to be faxed or mailed, we also request for you to call and verify that your information has been received.
1. APPLICANT INFORMATION: Provide your legal name, an address where you are currently residing, receive your mail (may or may not be the subject property), an e-mail address (if applicable), your date of birth, and how you heard about our program, and demographic information. The contact information provided here will be used by Program staff to schedule your interview, so please make sure to be as accurate as possible.
2. APPLICANT HISTORY: Provide information about your past. These questions are for data tracking purposes only, and your answers will remain anonymous outside of the internal RT NYC database.
3. INCOME INFORMATION: Provide information on all household income sources. Income includes the following: Wages, salaries and tips, alimony, child support, military income, part-time income, temporary income, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Social Security, other benefits, and other income for all household members over age 18.
4. SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTS: Lists all supplemental documentation needed for application submission
5. APPLICANT CERTIFICATION: Certify that all information in the application is true, to the best of your knowledge. Title 18, Section 1001 of the U.S. Code states that a person is guilty of a felony for knowingly and willingly making false or fraudulent statements to any department of the United States Government.
6. ELIGIBILITY RELEASE: It is required that you sign this form, which allows the Program Administrator and/or the program’s funders to request information from Third Parties concerning your eligibility and participation in this program. This form allows for income, assets, child support, etc. to be verified and documented.
7. APPLICANT CERTIFICATION/VERIFICATION FORM: It is required that you sign this form authorizing final submission. This form will be used by Program personnel to verify submission and if eligible, application approval Application Review Process:
-The Program Administrator will review your completed application to determine if you are eligible for the program.-Once a review of your application has been completed, you will be invited to the office for an interview and a written math test. -Participants who pass the interview and math exam will be notified of acceptance via email the week before class begins.-If you are not accepted into the Program initially, a referral to another program may be made. Your application will kept on file, and you may be invited back to interview for a future cohort if space and funding allow.-The Program Administrator has the right to ask you to provide certified copies of documents when necessary, and may request additional items upon receipt of your application.