Do you have an immediate need we at Mackin can support? Click here for Customer Service.
School libraries and the roles of school librarians must continue to evolve to meet the changing needs of 21st-century learners. The quest to remain relevant requires ongoing change. There are a multitude of approaches that you can take to transform your school library, whether you decide to completely transform or make incremental changes one step at a time. Transforming your library may transform the culture of your entire school.
Are you ready to Transform Your School Library? The first step to any transformation is developing a Plan. This MackinTYSL Quick Start has been designed to help you begin your process of both determining your needs and developing your vision. After you have completed the assessment, you will receive a copy of your responses for your own reflective use. You will also receive an email with additional resources available to you in your learning process.
Name (First and Last)
School / Library / District
Number of Students at School
Number of Students in District
Briefly Describe the Demographics of the Students at Your School
School / Library / District Mailing Address
Who is initiating the transformation?
Is the transformation taking place at the building or district level?
1. Why are you embarking on this transformation with and for your school community?
2. If your school or school library has a mission statement, please type it below.
3. Please indicate which of the following grade levels this transformation will impact (check all that apply):
PK – 2
3 – 5
6 – 8
9 – 12
4. Which of the following areas of transformation best align with your school or district’s goals? Please check all that apply.
A brand new library is being constructed and we want to ensure it is an innovative space.
We are in need of transforming the physical space of our existing library(ies).
We want to transform the culture / perception of the school library / build a culture beyond the traditional view of the school library / atmosphere
We want to transform the collaboration between our classrooms (curriculum/standards/life long literacy) and the library.
We are ready to transform our print and digital collections.
We are embarking on/improving our students’ digital learning.
We need to better integrate educational technology.
We believe in MakerEd and want to implement/improve our makerspace.
5. Which of the following best describes your current phase of transformation?
We know we need to transform, but we don’t know how.
We are still working to get everyone on board with the idea of transformation.
We have just begun to think / talk about our transformation plan.
We are beginning to plan our transformation.
We are beginning to implement our transformation plan.
We are in the midst of our transformation and are working to maintain momentum.
We’ve transformed and are in reflection, continuous improvement, and sharing our story.
6. Please select which of the following ranges best matches your transformation budget:
$20,000 - $40,000
$40,000 - $60,000
$60,000 - $80,000
$80,000 - $100,000
Our budget is undetermined at this point
7. Please indicate which of the following areas your budget will be allocated toward.
Physical remodeling of an existing space
Makerspace products and materials
8. Below are some areas of transformation for which Mackin can support you. Please check all areas you are interested in learning more about:
Classroom and library collaboration
Consulting for remodeling/transformation project
Thank you, but I am not interested in receiving information at this time.
If none of the above are what you’re looking for, please describe your need(s) below and someone from Mackin will reach out with a plan for how we can best help you:
9. Please use this space to note any additional information you believe would be helpful to the MackinTYSL Experts preparing recommendations.
Thank you for investing your time in completing the MackinTYSL Quick Start. Your answers have been received and if you indicated interest in Question 8, you can expect to hear from a MackinTYSL Expert shortly.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service