North Providence Library materials are available!
We are expanding our request allowances for the North Providence Union Free Library!
At this time, we will allow patrons to request up to 6 items per week per member of your household. You may request any materials that are available at our library...including DVDs, audiobooks, etc.
You may request materials available at our library for immediate pickup ONLY.
You may request materials from other libraries as well, though the process may take time. You will be notified when we receive them. Please call the library for these requests.
The Book Drop is now OPEN! So you may return materials. We will keep due dates extended through the re-opening of the library, but if you wish to return materials, we can take them now (and we appreciate the returns!). The library building is still closed, so the Book Drop is the only way to return materials at this time.
We CANNOT accept donations of any kind at this time. Please DO NOT put any donations in the Book Drop.
Library cards must be in good standing in order to qualify for this program.
If you do not have a library card, you may apply for one here:
Please see the instructions below on how to receive the books you request. If you have any questions, please call us at 401-353-5600, ext. 2, and leave a message. We will do our best to return your call within 24 hours (excluding weekends).
Instructions for receiving books:
1. Fill out this form. Please fill this out for each person requesting materials. (One kid + one adult = 2 forms)
2. Within a day or two, staff will call the phone number you provide in the form below to schedule a pickup day and time with you.
3. When you arrive, send one person only to come into the lobby to collect books.
4. Books will be in a bag with your name on it.
5. You will NOT be permitted to enter the library beyond the vestibule and you will not be interacting with staff in person.
6.You may return materials through the Book Drop. There are no fines applied during this period. Due dates are being extended through the time of the library re-opening.
7. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service