2020-2021 VMHA Admirals Coaching Application Form
Please complete the following form if you are interested in coaching at either the Recreational or Representative level.
If you possess the following, we would like to hear from you:
- A desire to assist our players in the development of their hockey and life skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the minor hockey system in British Columbia
- Must be able to provide a current “Police Vulnerable Sector Check” report
- Current coaching certifications that meet the requirements outlined by VIAHA and BC Hockey for coaching at the level applied for
All coaches interested in applying for both Recreational and / or Representative level hockey must complete this application form.
TIER 1 (T1) REPRESENTATIVE coaching application deadline is 11:59pm on Sunday May 17, 2020.
We will leave the application open for all other coaches interested in coaching REPRESENTATIVE and / or RECREATIONAL teams as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach.
If you are unsure about whether or not your child will play representative or recreational hockey this season and you would like to coach regardless, we encourage you to complete this application to indicate your interest in both. Doing so will not impact your child’s chances of making a representative team.
As per the direction of the association regarding Rep hockey, at the Tier 1 Level (and all other levels), our aim is to select the best qualified applicant.
Coaches who are short-listed for Representative coaching positions will be contacted by the Coach Selection Panel, and may be requested to provide additional information to the selection panel and / or participate in an interview.
Coaches who are short-listed for all recreational team positions may be contacted by the Director of Coaching and asked to provide additional information if deemed necessary.
It is the intention of the association to identify coaching staff for respective teams (Recreational and Representative) as soon as possible. However, please recognize that some assignments may be expedited due to representative team planning and assessment requirements, while others may be delayed while recreational team numbers are determined at each division and while player assessments in the Representative stream process continue in early-to-mid September.
Questions? Please contact VMHA Director of Coaching:
Again, thank you for your application to coach in VMHA and we are really looking forward to an exciting season with excellent coaches and our expanded coach-support system to further benefit our coaches and players.
VMHA Director of Coaching
Note: We respect your privacy and all of the information collected herein is collected only for the purpose of coach selection for the 2020 -21 season.
1. Applicant Name
2. Applicant Date of Birth
3. Applicant Cell Phone #
4. Applicant Home Phone #
5. If applying to be a 'parent' coach, please provide the name of your child(ren) that you would like to coach.
6. Please indicate your desired team staff position (you may select more than one).
Head Coach - Recreational team
Assistant Coach - Recreational team
Head Coach - Representative team
Assistant Coach - Representative team
7. Please indicate the team / division that this application should be considered for (you may select more than one).
U9 / Novice
U15 / Bantam
U18 / Midget
U13 / PeeWee
U7 / Initiation
U21 / Junior C (Juvenile)
U11 / Atom
If you applied to coach more than one team in the previous questions, please indicate the Division and coaching position (for example: U18 Rec Head Coach; U13 Rep Assistant Coach) below.
8. Previous hockey coaching experience. Please list the year, association, division level, and position held.
9. Other coaching experience outside of hockey. Please list the year, association, division level, and position held.
Please ensure your qualifications are up to date! You can check your qualifications by logging into the Hockey Canada site. If you believe you've set up an account, you can log in at
. Or, to create a new log in, here's the link
Click here to acknowledge that you have read the above statement and that you will be responsible for reviewing your qualifications prior to the season and acting on any areas that need updating.
10. Do you give consent for the association to access your Hockey Canada Record (HCR) to review your coach training background?
11. A Criminal Record Check (CRC) is mandatory for all successful applicants. Do you agree to have your CRC completed by November 1st, 2020? (failure to do so will result in not being able to coach). Please refer to the association's website to find out how to complete the CRC process.
12. Has any Minor or Adult Association ever suspended you as a coach?
13. If you answered 'yes' to the previous question, please provide the relevant information below (date, sport, association, details of suspension).
14. Please list any other training, certifications, or qualifications completed that you feel are relevant for consideration in a coaching role.
15. Please list your personal sporting experience (as an athlete) that you feel is relevant for consideration in a coaching role.
16. Please provide the name and contact information for two references to support your coaching application.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Victoria Minor Hockey Assocation.