Dance/USA 2021 Call for Conference Proposals, Topics, and Speakers
Deadline for Submission is Monday, March 1 at 5pm EST.
Dance/USA members and non-members invited to submit
Notifications occur on a rolling basis through April 2021.
We want to hear from YOU! Use the form below to submit your proposal and help shape the content of the 2021 Virtual Conference, June 14-16.
The Dance/USA’s Programming Committee relies heavily on input from the field. Your submissions will allow us to identify trends, commonalities, and curatorial directions to build customized programming.
Categories may include:
Business and Operation Models
Technology – Social Media, Intellectual Property
Policy and Advocacy Work
Research and Evaluation Methods
Building Dance Audiences
Social Justice and Responsibility
Dance Writing and Criticism
Health and Wellness
Collaboration and Partnerships; within and across disciplines and fields
Please note that Dance/USA is committed to honoring, nurturing and advancing dance through the lens of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity, in all aspects of its programming.
Commitment to Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
Dance as an art form provides expression, celebration, exploration and transformation for all people. Inclusion and equal treatment of all members of the professional dance community are core values of Dance/USA and central to its mission. In achieving core values of equity and inclusion, Dance/ USA is committed to diversity in every aspect of its programming and services. Diversity in this context refers to groups, communities and individuals identified by dance genre or form, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religion, age, or disability status. Inclusion means a commitment to making all members of the professional dance community feel welcome and comfortable at Dance/USA.
Dance/USA is committed to honoring, nurturing and advancing dance through the lens of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity in all aspects of its programming, services and organization.
You can submit an established proposal or a general topic/question.
Please proceed through the form to submit this information.
What Constitutes a Strong Session?
When reviewing submissions, the Programming Committee considers the following:
• Relevant, timely, useful and critical conversations
• Innovative approaches and fresh ways of thinking and/or access to existing resources
• Encourages deeper thinking and investigation
• Balances a pragmatic approach with challenging status quo
• Incorporates practical skill-based learnings for artists and administrators at various levels
• Attendees leave with actionable measures and next steps
• Speakers who are rooted in and practicing the change that we want to see in the dance field, particularly around marginalized communities
• Speakers who give voice to and provide greater and more diverse representation of the field
• Places value on calling people in and not calling people out
• Calls upon local, regional, and national voices and perspectives
• Appeals to myriad of dance genres, budget sizes, and hybrid fields/forms
Important to note
• For Dance/USA, successful sessions include no more than four (4) speakers, including a moderator, to allow for deeper conversations
• Submissions do not guarantee acceptance; and if accepted, there is no guarantee the submitter will be included in the final version of a session, which may arise directly or be guided from the submission
• If two submissions are similar, ideas could be combined
• If your session or proposal moves forward in consideration; Dance/USA may contact submitters for clarifying questions
• If your session or proposal moves forward, Dance/USA may work with you to ensure the title, description, and format are aligned with overall program vision
• As sessions move forward, Dance/USA will provide additional information regarding registration and applicable support for speakers
• Sessions may not be used to sell a consultant’s services or products; exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities are available for this purpose
Questions? Please contact
Which of the following are you submitting? (Please submit one idea per form)
General Question or Topic Suggestions
General Speaker Suggestion
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service